how can I edit a bibliographic entry?

Florian Simatos
Hi,

I am using a bibliographic entry several times in the same document, say its short name is ABC. But now, I realize I should call it aBc instead. How can I do to edit all the entries at the same time?

I have tried to double-click on one specific entry and to edit the short name: what it does is not exactly what I am expecting, namely it creates a new entry in my bibliography with the short name aBc, and applies this short name only to the very entry I have double clicked on. It does not understand that I want to edit all such entries.

Thank you in advance for your precious help.

Florian Simatos

Re: how can I edit a bibliographic entry?

David Wilson-7
Florian,

The annoying  problem you describe is a "Known Problem" and a design
limitation. The Bibliographic project to working to improve Writer so this
will be corrected.

I have tried to suggest ways of dealing with this issue  in the 'Hints and
Tips' wiki page -

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic_Hints_and_Tips

"How do I correct the citations in my document?"

I hope you find it of use. If not contact me.

David