Quantcast

how to flip pictures and text

Zackery Ruboy
i just downloaded openoffice onto my mac book and i spoke to an apple
representative about how to reverse the pictures and text to make a t-
shirt. you have to flip the text and picture to make a t-shirt and i
was wondering if anyone knew how to do that. if not... is there a
printer setup, then go into properties, then mirror image. i know you
can do that on other softwares but i don't know about openoffice. so
if anyone can help me, please email me back at [hidden email] asap
please.

thanks
zack

Re: how to flip pictures and text

Brian Barker
At 13:20 03/08/2008 -0400, Zackery Ruboy wrote:
>i just downloaded openoffice onto my mac book and i spoke to an
>apple representative about how to reverse the pictures and text to
>make a t- shirt. you have to flip the text and picture to make a
>t-shirt and i was wondering if anyone knew how to do that.

You can flip pictures fairly easily.  In Draw, go to Modify | Flip >
| Horizontally (or right-click | Flip > | Horizontally).  In Writer,
go to Format | Flip > | Flip Horizontally or Format | Picture... |
Picture | Flip (or right-click | Picture... | Picture | Flip) and
tick Horizontally.

Text is not so easy.  Here is one workaround - but there may be an
easier one I haven't discovered.
o  Open a new Draw document.
o  Enter your text and format it as you wish.
o  Select the text box - so you see the eight green handles.
o  Go to File | Export..., choose a suitable graphic format (.bmp?),
tick Selection at the bottom of the dialogue box, and save the text as a file.
o  In your main document - in Writer or Draw - go to Insert |
Picture... | From File... and insert the saved text file as a picture.
o  Flip the picture using one of the techniques above.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: how to flip pictures and text

mike scott-2
On 4 Aug 2008 at 14:00, Brian Barker wrote:

> At 13:20 03/08/2008 -0400, Zackery Ruboy wrote:
> >i just downloaded openoffice onto my mac book and i spoke to an
> >apple representative about how to reverse the pictures and text to
> >make a t- shirt. you have to flip the text and picture to make a
> >t-shirt and i was wondering if anyone knew how to do that.
>
> You can flip pictures fairly easily.  In Draw, go to Modify | Flip >
> | Horizontally (or right-click | Flip > | Horizontally).  In Writer,
> go to Format | Flip > | Flip Horizontally or Format | Picture... |
> Picture | Flip (or right-click | Picture... | Picture | Flip) and
> tick Horizontally.
>
> Text is not so easy.  Here is one workaround - but there may be an
> easier one I haven't discovered.
> o  Open a new Draw document.
> o  Enter your text and format it as you wish.
> o  Select the text box - so you see the eight green handles.
> o  Go to File | Export..., choose a suitable graphic format (.bmp?),
> tick Selection at the bottom of the dialogue box, and save the text as a file.
> o  In your main document - in Writer or Draw - go to Insert |
> Picture... | From File... and insert the saved text file as a picture.
> o  Flip the picture using one of the techniques above.

That requires composing the picture in reversed form.

PS printers /may/ have a 'mirror' option. I've just checked on my XP
system - all 3 PS printer drivers offer this (so it's also available
to a PDF printer such as Bullzip's, not that that will help the OP).
Don't see why Mac's shouldn't offer this as well.

--
Permission for this mail to be processed by any third party in
connection

On 4 Aug 2008 at 15:24, mike scott wrote:

> On 4 Aug 2008 at 14:00, Brian Barker wrote:
>
> > At 13:20 03/08/2008 -0400, Zackery Ruboy wrote:
> > >i just downloaded openoffice onto my mac book and i spoke to an
> > >apple representative about how to reverse the pictures and text to
> > >make a t- shirt. you have to flip the text and picture to make a
> > >t-shirt and i was wondering if anyone knew how to do that.
> >
> > You can flip pictures fairly easily.  In Draw, go to Modify | Flip >
> > | Horizontally (or right-click | Flip > | Horizontally).  In Writer,
> > go to Format | Flip > | Flip Horizontally or Format | Picture... |
> > Picture | Flip (or right-click | Picture... | Picture | Flip) and
> > tick Horizontally.
> >
> > Text is not so easy.  Here is one workaround - but there may be an

I also just spotted this:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6163530

which may help; I'm no mac user :-)

At 15:24 04/08/2008 +0100, Mike Scott wrote:

>On 4 Aug 2008 at 14:00, Brian Barker wrote:
>>At 13:20 03/08/2008 -0400, Zackery Ruboy wrote:
>>>i just downloaded openoffice onto my mac book and i spoke to an
>>>apple representative about how to reverse the pictures and text to
>>>make a t- shirt. you have to flip the text and picture to make a
>>>t-shirt and i was wondering if anyone knew how to do that.
>>
>>You can flip pictures fairly easily.  In Draw, go to Modify |
>>Flip > | Horizontally (or right-click | Flip > | Horizontally).  In
>>Writer, go to Format | Flip > | Flip Horizontally or Format |
>>Picture... | Picture | Flip (or right-click | Picture... | Picture
>>| Flip) and tick Horizontally.
>>
>>Text is not so easy.  Here is one workaround - but there may be an
>>easier one I haven't discovered.
>>o  Open a new Draw document.
>>o  Enter your text and format it as you wish.
>>o  Select the text box - so you see the eight green handles.
>>o  Go to File | Export..., choose a suitable graphic format
>>(.bmp?), tick Selection at the bottom of the dialogue box, and save
>>the text as a file.
>>o  In your main document - in Writer or Draw - go to Insert |
>>Picture... | From File... and insert the saved text file as a picture.
>>o  Flip the picture using one of the techniques above.
>
>That requires composing the picture in reversed form.
>[...]

Er, no: it is a way of reversing a picture that you already have (and
text, converted to a picture).  (See the first paragraph.)  You can
flip components of a design separately, of course.

Brian Barker