how to password protect a file saved as .doc

how to password protect a file saved as .doc

mrsh1227@outlook.com
Is there any way to save a .doc (Word) file and have it be password protected?

Re: how to password protect a file saved as .doc

Martin Groenescheij

On 27/9/18 6:29 am, [hidden email] wrote:
> Is there any way to save a .doc (Word) file and have it be password protected?

Yes there is a way, assuming you use OpenOffice and use the Save As
function at the bottom
of the menu there is an option to Save with password.
But I don't understand why you want to save as a .doc (Word) document.
Exporting to PDF will protect updates from unauthorized users.