how to set the default font for openoffice

how to set the default font for openoffice

Vivekanandan Madurai
I would like to change the default font of openoffice from 'Arial' to
'TimesNewRoman'
is there any way to set the default font size,
one of my friend told me to change the 'xcu' file,
please guide me how to achieve this.

thanks
vivek

Re: how to set the default font for openoffice

Cor Nouws
Hi Vivek,

Vivekanandan Madurai wrote:

> I would like to change the default font of openoffice from 'Arial' to
> 'TimesNewRoman'
> is there any way to set the default font size,

This usually is a good question for [hidden email].

If you meen change the font of Writer documents, there are two
possibilities:
1) In the Menu choose: Tools|Options|OOoWriter|Standard fonts.
Set your defaults there.

2) Create your own template, with styles etc as you like.
The included Help will guide you through.

Also look at http://documentation.openoffice.org

> one of my friend told me to change the 'xcu' file,

Much can be done in the config-files, however, using the user interface
is more easy ;-)

> please guide me how to achieve this.

Hope this helps &
Greetings,