https://documentation.libreoffice.org is a third party resource (was: Documentation Contribution based or produced by LO?)

Jörg Schmidt-2
Hello,

I would like to make one thing very clear:
https://documentation.libreoffice.org is a third party and must be treated as such.

that means: of course some cooperation is possible, but of course this site is not part of the AOO project.
https://documentation.libreoffice.org must be marked accordingly on our pages.

Why do I do this now?
Because up to now I was not aware that ODF authors are redirected to a LO page without comment. I just saw this when I went to http://www.odfauthors.org.

additionally my personal opinion:
If there is to be a cooperation, it would be a sign of good will of the ODF authors to make ODF authors available again under http://www.odfauthors.org/ (and not to forward them) and to forward them on a common start page (AOO and LO) to the working areas AOO and LO.

Cooperation is right, but it is in our interest to present our work in the right context.

greetings,
Jörg

Re: https://documentation.libreoffice.org is a third party resource (was: Documentation Contribution based or produced by LO?)

Bidouille

> If there is to be a cooperation, it would be a sign of good will of
> the ODF authors to make ODF authors available again under
> http://www.odfauthors.org/ (and not to forward them) and to forward
> them on a common start page (AOO and LO) to the working areas AOO
> and LO.
+1

But the registrant organization is: The Document Foundation
So this will be hard to make this kind of link. :-(

RE: https://documentation.libreoffice.org is a third party resource (was: Documentation Contribution based or produced by LO?)

Jörg Schmidt-2

What do you mean exactly? The TDF is the registrant organization of http://www.odfauthors.org/?

If that is the case, the TDF can agree to my proposal, because it has the power to decide on the contents of http://www.odfauthors.org/ and https://documentation.libreoffice.org.

My proposal once again in all clarity:
On the specific page orfautors, it should say something like:
"On the website ODF Authors, the development of free documentation for Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice takes place. "

and then two links to the respective two areas for LO and AOO.

For LO would be the Link: https://documentation.libreoffice.org and this page could remain almost unchanged.
For AOO a new page would have to be created, e.g. http://www.odfauthors.org/apacheopenoffice/ (maybe http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/ would be better, but this is probably technically complex and should be postponed to the future)

The technical effort for this proposal is minimal, because the size of a new start page (http://www.odfauthors.org/) is very small (pure text is sufficient), and a subpage for the AOO documentation must be created anyway.

greetings,
Jörg