https://www.openoffice.org/porting/ some packages missing

Peter Kovacs-3
Gentoo in their official repo -
https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/openoffice-bin

(sadly they have removed the build from source version. I have the dream
that Gentoo reintroduces a build version for OpenOffice which would be
super awesome!)

Arch Linux in  AUR repository -
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openoffice/

btw they have a nice wiki page -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Apache_OpenOffice

maybe better ling that one.

Where can I update this?

Re: https://www.openoffice.org/porting/ some packages missing

Marcus (OOo)
Am 31.03.19 um 10:30 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> Gentoo in their official repo -
> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/openoffice-bin
>
> (sadly they have removed the build from source version. I have the dream
> that Gentoo reintroduces a build version for OpenOffice which would be
> super awesome!)
>
> Arch Linux in  AUR repository -
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openoffice/
>
> btw they have a nice wiki page -
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Apache_OpenOffice
>
> maybe better ling that one.
>
> Where can I update this?

as this is not managed by Apache it's suitable to list this on the
porting webpage. IMHO it doesn't matter if it's binary or source.

Marcus

On 31.03.19 10:37, Marcus wrote:

> Am 31.03.19 um 10:30 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> Gentoo in their official repo -
>> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/openoffice-bin
>>
>> (sadly they have removed the build from source version. I have the dream
>> that Gentoo reintroduces a build version for OpenOffice which would be
>> super awesome!)
>>
>> Arch Linux in  AUR repository -
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openoffice/
>>
>> btw they have a nice wiki page -
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Apache_OpenOffice
>>
>> maybe better ling that one.
>>
>> Where can I update this?
>
> as this is not managed by Apache it's suitable to list this on the
> porting webpage. IMHO it doesn't matter if it's binary or source.

for listing it does not. But OpenOffice and LibreOffice are the only
binaries in Gentoo's Repository. It is just a personal whish.

However I meant how to update the package site. is it in the ooo-site
repository?

Re: https://www.openoffice.org/porting/ some packages missing

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

Am 31.03.19 um 10:30 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> Gentoo in their official repo -
> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/openoffice-bin
>
> (sadly they have removed the build from source version. I have the dream
> that Gentoo reintroduces a build version for OpenOffice which would be
> super awesome!)

At first sight, I can only see that they removed 4.1.4 and 4.1.5?

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

On 31.03.19 11:14, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 31.03.19 um 10:30 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> Gentoo in their official repo -
>> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/openoffice-bin
>>
>> (sadly they have removed the build from source version. I have the dream
>> that Gentoo reintroduces a build version for OpenOffice which would be
>> super awesome!)
> At first sight, I can only see that they removed 4.1.4 and 4.1.5?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

In the past there has been also a package OpenOffice package which build
OpenOffice from source. If you move up and look at libreOffice, there
you see both packages for source and bin.

Unlike OpenOffice-bin which refers basically to our rpm builds, and wrap
their packet manager around it. Similar case at Arch by the way. Also
their package points on our RPM build and strips the rpm.

Am 31.03.19 um 14:28 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> On 31.03.19 11:14, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Am 31.03.19 um 10:30 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> Gentoo in their official repo -
>>> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/openoffice-bin
>>>
>>> (sadly they have removed the build from source version. I have the dream
>>> that Gentoo reintroduces a build version for OpenOffice which would be
>>> super awesome!)
>> At first sight, I can only see that they removed 4.1.4 and 4.1.5?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
> In the past there has been also a package OpenOffice package which build
> OpenOffice from source. If you move up and look at libreOffice, there
> you see both packages for source and bin.
I hadn't realized that you referred to the source package.
> Unlike OpenOffice-bin which refers basically to our rpm builds, and wrap
> their packet manager around it. Similar case at Arch by the way. Also
> their package points on our RPM build and strips the rpm.

Better than nothing...
Basically this would count as a distribution?

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: https://www.openoffice.org/porting/ some packages missing

Andrea Pescetti-2
Peter Kovacs wrote:
> However I meant how to update the package site. is it in the ooo-site
> repository?

If you mean you want to know what SVN directory you should check out in
order to update the page, you will find it at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/porting

Note that updating SVN will not update the site immediately, as someone
must publish the changes.

Regards,
   Andrea.