hunspell dictionary extension by Google

ge-7
>I can't understand why this little, *optional* feature is creating such
>  noise. Most probably because most complainers haven't understood it.

It is creating so much noise probably, because it's purpose is
not clearly understandable. It is in my opinion primarily a reclame
medium without any practical use or sense.

I myself saw already strange ideas on this list, for example
somone wanted to provide a list of scandinavian locations
for all languages, which is clearly a nonsense, and the person
should rather do some more productive work than providing
ideas of this kind. The same person wanted to provide some
connections to wikimedia, which is even more senseless.

-eleonora

Re: hunspell dictionary extension by Google

ge-7
>This
>feature already exists and I don't see any reason to remove it.

yes, I agree. This "feature" does not really harm.

> If anybody wanted to do something, we
>shouldn't attack that person and ask him/her to "do some more productive
>work". "Scratching your own itch" is still one of the most important
>motivators in Open Source projects.

Nonsense and especially destructive ideas should be stopped
in an early stage, because they are harmful. In any environment.

-eleonora

Re: hunspell dictionary extension by Google

Mathias Bauer
ge wrote:

>>I can't understand why this little, *optional* feature is creating such
>>  noise. Most probably because most complainers haven't understood it.
>
> It is creating so much noise probably, because it's purpose is
> not clearly understandable. It is in my opinion primarily a reclame
> medium without any practical use or sense.

That's your opinion, but it seems that ther are other opinions. This
feature already exists and I don't see any reason to remove it. I hope
that my explanation shows at least who will benefit from that feature
and why. YMMV.

> I myself saw already strange ideas on this list, for example
> somone wanted to provide a list of scandinavian locations
> for all languages, which is clearly a nonsense, and the person
> should rather do some more productive work than providing
> ideas of this kind. The same person wanted to provide some
> connections to wikimedia, which is even more senseless.

These are different things. If anybody wanted to do something, we
shouldn't attack that person and ask him/her to "do some more productive
work". "Scratching your own itch" is still one of the most important
motivators in Open Source projects.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".