hyphenation dict not working in 4.5.0 (works in fresh 4.2.0)

hyphenation dict not working in 4.5.0 (works in fresh 4.2.0)

Yury
I'm using the 4.5.0 built from source on 64-bit slackware system. In my
profile I have an extension dealing with Russian hyphenation --
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions/hyphenations-for-russian/0-0.4

The extension works fine in 4.1.* and in 4.2.0 series (I checked with the
fresh 4.2.0 snapshot just an hour ago or so).
But today I've noticed the extension isn't working in 4.5.0 -- the same OXT
opened in 4.5.0 has no auto hyphenations active. The profile is the same in
both cases (4.5.0 and 4.2.0).

That's rather unintuitive -- why should the extension stop working, if it
has no code inside, only the dictionary data? Now, I notice it's provided in
8-bit encoding -- maybe those do not work anymore and the utf-8 is required?

--
Sent from: http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com/Development-f2916443.html

Re: hyphenation dict not working in 4.5.0 (works in fresh 4.2.0)

Matthias Seidel
Hi Yury,

There have been no code changes in this respect.

Most likely something in your profile for 4.5.0 is corrupt. Try to
rename it to get a fresh one and look if hyphenation is active again.

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: hyphenation dict not working in 4.5.0 (works in fresh 4.2.0)

Yury
Matthias Seidel wrote
> Most likely something in your profile for 4.5.0 is corrupt. Try to
> rename it to get a fresh one and look if hyphenation is active again.

It's not the profile. I init'ed two profiles from scratch both for 4.2.0 and
4.5.0, and the same OXT does get the auto-hyphenation in 4.2.0 and doesn't
in 4.5.0.
Now, I'm thinking maybe the problem is in the build options?

I was configure'ing with (that's only part of the list)
--disable-bundled-dictionaries \
--disable-category-b \
--disable-pam \
\
  --with-jdk-home=/usr/lib64/java \
\
--with-system-libs=no \
  --with-dict=ENGB,ENUS,RURU \
  --enable-hyphen \
  --enable-hunspell \

How do I check the hyphenation part actually works?

Am 12.01.20 um 18:39 schrieb Yury:

> Matthias Seidel wrote
>> Most likely something in your profile for 4.5.0 is corrupt. Try to
>> rename it to get a fresh one and look if hyphenation is active again.
> It's not the profile. I init'ed two profiles from scratch both for 4.2.0 and
> 4.5.0, and the same OXT does get the auto-hyphenation in 4.2.0 and doesn't
> in 4.5.0.
> Now, I'm thinking maybe the problem is in the build options?
>
> I was configure'ing with (that's only part of the list)
> --disable-bundled-dictionaries \
> --disable-category-b \
> --disable-pam \
> \
>   --with-jdk-home=/usr/lib64/java \
> \
> --with-system-libs=no \
>   --with-dict=ENGB,ENUS,RURU \
>   --enable-hyphen \
>   --enable-hunspell \
>
> How do I check the hyphenation part actually works?
So this is your private build?

I would try to enable dictionaries (and maybe category-b)
You could also try a build from our buildbots:

https://www.openoffice.org/download/devbuilds.html

Unfortunately I can't help you further with building on Linux.

Regards,

   Matthias

> --
> Sent from: http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com/Development-f2916443.html

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: hyphenation dict not working in 4.5.0 (works in fresh 4.2.0)

Yury
I've checked with the 4.5.0 build from AOO site and yes, the problem's in my
build options.
Disabling category-b and then enabling hyphenation does not actually build
in the hyphenation capabilities (or disables those somehow anyway).

Am 12.01.20 um 19:04 schrieb Yury:
> I've checked with the 4.5.0 build from AOO site and yes, the problem's in my
> build options.
> Disabling category-b and then enabling hyphenation does not actually build
> in the hyphenation capabilities (or disables those somehow anyway).

Yes, the build options are not always as logical as they should be... ;-)

> --
> Sent from: http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com/Development-f2916443.html

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: hyphenation dict not working in 4.5.0 (works in fresh 4.2.0)

Yury
Matthias Seidel wrote
> So this is your private build?
>
> I would try to enable dictionaries (and maybe category-b)

Once you enable category-b on linux, 'configure' demands coinmp with no
regard for --disable-coinmp option.
If enabling just the bundled dictionaries, 'configure' doesn't complain, but
the result does not do auto-hyphenation either.

Thanks for answering. Maybe some guys knowledgeable in building on linux
would see the topic.

--
Sent from: http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com/Development-f2916443.html