i90815: [StartCenter] Provide configuration option to deactivate StartCenter

i90815: [StartCenter] Provide configuration option to deactivate StartCenter

Zhang Xiaofei-6
Hi Carsten and Mikhail,

Please excuse me but I need you to clarify this to avoid possible
misunderstandings: which views did you refer to the "classic", the "current"
and the "disabled" respectly please? I have to admit I'm a little confused
because the "classic view for OOo 2.0" seems to be referring the same view
as "disabled" which is a grey window without any UI controls. And the new
look of the StartCenter of DEV300_m77 adds to my confusions.

And another question: is there a quick way to merge and deliver the modified
configuration files into an installed office without repacking the whole
installation set and reinstalling? I would appreciate if you can teach me
some tricks.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Felix.

Re: i90815: [StartCenter] Provide configuration option to deactivate StartCenter

Carsten Driesner
Zhang Xiaofei wrote:
> Hi Carsten and Mikhail,
>
> Please excuse me but I need you to clarify this to avoid possible
> misunderstandings: which views did you refer to the "classic", the "current"
> and the "disabled" respectly please? I have to admit I'm a little confused
> because the "classic view for OOo 2.0" seems to be referring the same view
> as "disabled" which is a grey window without any UI controls. And the new
> look of the StartCenter of DEV300_m77 adds to my confusions.
Hi Zhang Xiaofei,

The disabled and classic view are the same design (just the 2.0 design).
  So we have two distinct center solutions classic/disabled and the new
start center (3.x).

> And another question: is there a quick way to merge and deliver the modified
> configuration files into an installed office without repacking the whole
> installation set and reinstalling? I would appreciate if you can teach me
> some tricks.

You can just add build and deliver officecfg. Afterward you have to
change to the project postprocess and build it. You can find the new
configuration files in the platform output tree (e.g. wntmsci12.pro\misc).

Regards,
Carsten

Re: i90815: [StartCenter] Provide configuration option to deactivate StartCenter

Zhang Xiaofei-6
Hi Carsten,

Here is the modified patch. It tests well on my build. Please have a look.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Felix.