importing data into databases

jimw wagner
I've been starting to learn the Database function for OO2.  It seems
incredibly easy, in one way, though I don't imagine I'll be doing
anything very complex with it.

I was wondering if there is any way of importing data, say from a table,
into a database?  I can't seem to find anything in the Help menu, and
can't seem to get a good question to ask in Google.

I'm using OO 2.0 on Mandrake 10.0

Can anyone point me to anything helpful?

Thanks,

JimW

Re: importing data into databases

Anthony Chilco
Hi Jim,
Apparently, you can drag and drop data from a spreadsheet into an
existing table or to create a new one.
tc

Jim Wagner wrote:

> I've been starting to learn the Database function for OO2.  It seems
> incredibly easy, in one way, though I don't imagine I'll be doing
> anything very complex with it.
>
> I was wondering if there is any way of importing data, say from a
> table, into a database?  I can't seem to find anything in the Help
> menu, and can't seem to get a good question to ask in Google.
>
> I'm using OO 2.0 on Mandrake 10.0
>
> Can anyone point me to anything helpful?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JimW

RE: importing data into databases

Gert Blij
Hi Jim,

Check the KB, there are several articles on this. One is at
http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/index.php?page=ask&submit_selected=1&though
tId=737.

Cheers
Gert