install / deinstall

Bugzilla from makimoto@gmail.com
hi all

I'm stuck in an absurd situation:
Had oo1.1 installed. everything was fine.
installed 1.9 and things went smoothly.
I converted all my files to the new format.
tried to install 2.0 and the problems began:

oo installer told me that I had a previous version installed. So I
deinstalled previous versions. After that oo2 installer still said the same
thing. So I removed the install directories and cleaned the registry a bit.

oo2 installer still whined same thing, so I cleaned more throughly the
registry. Now oo2 installer says I have a previous version of oo2
installed (haven't had the opportunity yet!!).

Tried to reinstall oo1.9 So I could convert my dear .odt files. won't do.

So here I am. Can't install oo2 nor oo1.9.

The keys I cleaned / erased from the registry were:
soffice
openoffice
oo
.org
1.9
2.0
msi

So. I'm asking if someone knows the registry key oo2 installer is
reading.

Any help appreciated though! :)

TIA

Re: install / deinstall

Gregory Forster
Also delete the ALL OpenOffice files in the
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data
subdirectory.

Greg

--- Marco L?pez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi all
>
> I'm stuck in an absurd situation:
> Had oo1.1 installed. everything was fine.
> installed 1.9 and things went smoothly.
> I converted all my files to the new format.
> tried to install 2.0 and the problems began:
>
> oo installer told me that I had a previous version
> installed. So I
> deinstalled previous versions. After that oo2
> installer still said the same
> thing. So I removed the install directories and
> cleaned the registry a bit.
>
> oo2 installer still whined same thing, so I cleaned
> more throughly the
> registry. Now oo2 installer says I have a previous
> version of oo2
> installed (haven't had the opportunity yet!!).
>
> Tried to reinstall oo1.9 So I could convert my dear
> .odt files. won't do.
>
> So here I am. Can't install oo2 nor oo1.9.
>
> The keys I cleaned / erased from the registry were:
> soffice
> openoffice
> oo
> .org
> 1.9
> 2.0
> msi
>
> So. I'm asking if someone knows the registry key oo2
> installer is
> reading.
>
> Any help appreciated though! :)
>
> TIA

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Re: install / deinstall

Bugzilla from makimoto@gmail.com
Did that already.

thanks for answering.

On 8 Nov 2005 at 14:57, Gregory Forster wrote:

> Also delete the ALL OpenOffice files in the
> C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data
> subdirectory.
>
> Greg
>
> --- Marco López <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > hi all
> >
> > I'm stuck in an absurd situation:
> > Had oo1.1 installed. everything was fine.
> > installed 1.9 and things went smoothly.
> > I converted all my files to the new format.
> > tried to install 2.0 and the problems began:
> >
> > oo installer told me that I had a previous version
> > installed. So I
> > deinstalled previous versions. After that oo2
> > installer still said the same
> > thing. So I removed the install directories and
> > cleaned the registry a bit.
> >
> > oo2 installer still whined same thing, so I cleaned
> > more throughly the
> > registry. Now oo2 installer says I have a previous
> > version of oo2
> > installed (haven't had the opportunity yet!!).
> >
> > Tried to reinstall oo1.9 So I could convert my dear
> > .odt files. won't do.
> >
> > So here I am. Can't install oo2 nor oo1.9.
> >
> > The keys I cleaned / erased from the registry were:
> > soffice
> > openoffice
> > oo
> > .org
> > 1.9
> > 2.0
> > msi
> >
> > So. I'm asking if someone knows the registry key oo2
> > installer is
> > reading.
> >
> > Any help appreciated though! :)
> >
> > TIA

Re: install / deinstall

Gregory Forster
Then what I would do, is:
Control Panel-Add/Romove Programs
1. delete ALL OpenOffice (double check to make sure
it's gone.)
2. delete ALL OpenOffice and double check C:\Documents
and Settings\yourname\Application Data\
3. Disconnect your internet connection
4. reboot
5. Using the task manager, shut down all TSR
applications that are running using your name, i.e.
anti-virus software, firewalls, anti-spyware, etc.
6. Click Start/Run/download
path\OOo_2.0.0_Win32Intel_install.exe [ENTER]
7. reboot.
8. while you reboot, you can reconnect your Internet
connection.

If you are installing while you have anti-virus
scanners or whatever running in the background, they
can bring havoc to your software installation.  I was
warned about that and learned it the hard way.
Usually, I do not mess with the registry at all.  It
is too, too easy to really foul things up, unless you
have an excellent registry editor, which regedit is
reputedly to be sub mediocre.

I am also talking of a WinXP Pro/SP2 system. It worked
for me.

Greg

--- Marco L?pez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did that already.
>
> thanks for answering.
>
> On 8 Nov 2005 at 14:57, Gregory Forster wrote:
>
> > Also delete the ALL OpenOffice files in the
> > C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application
> Data
> > subdirectory.
> >
> > Greg
> >
> > --- Marco L?pez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > hi all
> > >
> > > I'm stuck in an absurd situation:
> > > Had oo1.1 installed. everything was fine.
> > > installed 1.9 and things went smoothly.
> > > I converted all my files to the new format.
> > > tried to install 2.0 and the problems began:
> > >
> > > oo installer told me that I had a previous
> version
> > > installed. So I
> > > deinstalled previous versions. After that oo2
> > > installer still said the same
> > > thing. So I removed the install directories and
> > > cleaned the registry a bit.
> > >
> > > oo2 installer still whined same thing, so I
> cleaned
> > > more throughly the
> > > registry. Now oo2 installer says I have a
> previous
> > > version of oo2
> > > installed (haven't had the opportunity yet!!).
> > >
> > > Tried to reinstall oo1.9 So I could convert my
> dear
> > > .odt files. won't do.
> > >
> > > So here I am. Can't install oo2 nor oo1.9.
> > >
> > > The keys I cleaned / erased from the registry
> were:
> > > soffice
> > > openoffice
> > > oo
> > > .org
> > > 1.9
> > > 2.0
> > > msi
> > >
> > > So. I'm asking if someone knows the registry key
> oo2
> > > installer is
> > > reading.
> > >
> > > Any help appreciated though! :)
> > >
> > > TIA

> [hidden email] > For
> > additional commands, e-mail: >
> [hidden email] > >

> [hidden email] For
> > additional commands, e-mail:

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Re: install / deinstall SOLVED

Bugzilla from makimoto@gmail.com
Hi all

I installed a registry monitoring program. Namely
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Regmon.html

So I found out msiexec read some values at
HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\C00C409A0B03920409847
7195E8902A8

I deleted that entry.

I have oo2 installed and working.

thanks to Gregory Foster for his help