[installation-dev] How to add menu dynamically

[installation-dev] How to add menu dynamically

Kohei Yoshida
Hi there,

This question is related to this thread:

http://framework.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=863

where I asked how best to add a menu item dynamically when
--enable-scsolver is given at configure time, which enables the calc
solver feature during the build.  On that thread, we concluded that
the best way to add the new "Solver..." menu is to use a UNO API to
insert a new menu item at a desired location.  Carsten Driesner
demonstrated this in Basic, which I later ported to C++.  I confirmed
that it works.

Now, I need to somehow find a way to make that UNO call before the
user launches Calc for the first time after installation, but I'm not
sure how that could be achieved.  I've been thinking of finding a
suitable UNO interface to implement in my Solver component and have it
called during or post installation in order to add the new menu item.
But I need some help on this.

Is there a good UNO interface to implement for a simple task like
this, and is there a way to call its exported method sometime before
the first launch of Calc after installation?

Thanks for your advice,

Kohei

[installation-dev] Fwd: How to add menu dynamically

Kohei Yoshida
No idea?  Is my explanation not clear, is there a better mailing list
to ask, or ... ?

Kohei

Re: [installation-dev] Fwd: How to add menu dynamically

Ingo Schmidt
Hi Kohei,

> No idea?  Is my explanation not clear, is there a better mailing list
> to ask, or ... ?

I think, that this is not an installation issue, because you do not want
to create a special installation set, if I understand this correctly. If
you want to call the exported method you have to do this after
installation during first Office start. Therefore you should post this
into the framework mailing list openoffice.framework.dev

Regards

  Ingo

On 11/7/06, Ingo Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Kohei,
>
> > No idea?  Is my explanation not clear, is there a better mailing list
> > to ask, or ... ?
>
> I think, that this is not an installation issue, because you do not want
> to create a special installation set, if I understand this correctly. If
> you want to call the exported method you have to do this after
> installation during first Office start. Therefore you should post this
> into the framework mailing list openoffice.framework.dev

Thanks Ingo.  I'll forward this question to the framework mailing list.

Regards,
Kohei