installing the latest version of Open Office

installing the latest version of Open Office

Constantinos Flessas
Hello,

I have been using Open Office for quite a few years now, and I can say that is equally good, if not better, to Microsoft’s Office. However, lately, I had a few issues (glitches) and today I decided to download the latest version. Unfortunately, I was unable to uninstall the old one from my PC (through control panel). I did several attempts and downloaded the latest version through SourceForge, but still during the installation, before the final part, the Wizard tells me that I need to close any other applications been open and proceed. I don’t know how to proceed and I think I am at an impasse. Kindly advise how to resolve the issue, for I would like to continue to use the free Apache Open Office.
Thank you again for your time, attention and courtesy; looking forward to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Constantinos Flessas

Re: installing the latest version of Open Office

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 01:18:51 +0000
Constantinos Flessas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using Open Office for quite a few years now, and I can say that is equally good, if not better, to Microsoft’s Office. However, lately, I had a few issues (glitches) and today I decided to download the latest version. Unfortunately, I was unable to uninstall the old one from my PC (through control panel). I did several attempts and downloaded the latest version through SourceForge, but still during the installation, before the final part, the Wizard tells me that I need to close any other applications been open and proceed. I don’t know how to proceed and I think I am at an impasse. Kindly advise how to resolve the issue, for I would like to continue to use the free Apache Open Office.
> Thank you again for your time, attention and courtesy; looking forward to hear from you.
>
> Sincerely,
> Constantinos Flessas

Start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill any soffice processes shown on TM's tabs.  Note: soffice, with an initial "s".  Without restarting Widows, now install the new download of OpenOffice.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>