intro. and contributions

Ryan Cragun
I haven't introduced myself.  I'm a graduate student in sociology who
uses bibliographic software all the time and am very interested in an
OpenOffice version.  Unfortunately, I have no programming ability, but
I'm happy to test the software and work on documentation - the two areas
where I can contribute.  I'd also be willing to put up some funds for
the so-called bounties, but I don't have much.  How much are we talking?

--

Best,

Ryan Cragun
[hidden email]
www.genesoc.com

Re: intro. and contributions

David Wilson-8
Ryan,

        Thanks for your interest and offer of assistance. Unfortunately we have no
finished software to test yet, and what we have is not yet sufficiently
developed to document.

If you would like to exercise your skills in writing you could look over the
project web pages for areas that could be improved. Most of the web and wiki
pages have been written by me, and I would consider my writing 'average'. In
fact all through primary school my report's read - "David's writing and
spelling must improve if he is to do well next year".

There seems to be lots of bounty sites. Here is Gnomes -
http://www.gnome.org/bounties/

I have not looked closely to try to work out where our tasks would fit into
the $100-4000 price range, but I would guess the middle to the higher end.

The problem is not so much are complexity of the coding itself, but the
requirement for learning about OpenOffice programming structures. We could
offer a lower bounty first to the small pool  people who understand OOo. We
would have pay more if the person had to learn all that stuff just to do the
task.

David