is the Sc Analysis addin integrated in OOo2.x?

is the Sc Analysis addin integrated in OOo2.x?

G. Roderick Singleton-2
I have been trying to establish whether or not the Analysis addin is
built-in to OOo2.x. I this true?
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead

Re: is the Sc Analysis addin integrated in OOo2.x?

Eike Rathke
Hi G.,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:22:37 -0500, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> I have been trying to establish whether or not the Analysis addin is
> built-in to OOo2.x. I this true?

It isn't built-in (otherwise it wouldn't be an Add-In ;-) but is
delivered and installed with official OOo2 releases. You can easily
check for in Calc's function wizard: hit Ctrl-F2 on a cell and select
Category Add-in; if you see BESSELI, BESSELJ and such, the Analysis
AddIn is installed. If it isn't, check whether your distribution offers
it separately.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 GnuPG key 0x293C05FD:  997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 19:18 +0100, Eike Rathke wrote:

> Hi G.,
>
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:22:37 -0500, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to establish whether or not the Analysis addin is
> > built-in to OOo2.x. I this true?
>
> It isn't built-in (otherwise it wouldn't be an Add-In ;-) but is
> delivered and installed with official OOo2 releases. You can easily
> check for in Calc's function wizard: hit Ctrl-F2 on a cell and select
> Category Add-in; if you see BESSELI, BESSELJ and such, the Analysis
> AddIn is installed. If it isn't, check whether your distribution offers
> it separately.

Thanks. I have been thinking it was something to download. Plus when  I
install I tend to install everything so missed it as an extra. Just
wanted this info to include in the docs.