java swing application as AddOn

Yves Matthess
Hi All,

I want to call a swing application within an office writer. This should
realized as a button in the office Toolbar.
Can somebody give me anything glue to start immediately? Thanks.

Yves

Yves Matthess, PhD. Student

Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University
Medical School
Dept. of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Theodor-Stern-Kai 7
60590 Frankfurt

Phone: +69-6301 4379
Fax:     +69-6301 6144
e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: java swing application as AddOn

Tom Schindl
You need to write an OpenOffice-Service take a look into the SDK and
Dev-Guide you can retrieve from http://api.openoffice.org.

Tom

Yves Matthess wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to call a swing application within an office writer. This should
> realized as a button in the office Toolbar.
> Can somebody give me anything glue to start immediately? Thanks.
>
> Yves
>

> Yves Matthess, PhD. Student
>
> Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University
> Medical School
> Dept. of Gynecology and Obstetrics
> Theodor-Stern-Kai 7
> 60590 Frankfurt
>
> Phone: +69-6301 4379
> Fax:     +69-6301 6144
> e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: java swing application as AddOn

Tom Schindl
Or simply take a look at this snippet:

http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Office/Office.CallingJavaFromOOBasic.snip

Tom

Tom Schindl wrote:

> You need to write an OpenOffice-Service take a look into the SDK and
> Dev-Guide you can retrieve from http://api.openoffice.org.
>
> Tom
>
> Yves Matthess wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I want to call a swing application within an office writer. This should
>>realized as a button in the office Toolbar.
>>Can somebody give me anything glue to start immediately? Thanks.
>>
>>Yves
>>

>>Yves Matthess, PhD. Student
>>
>>Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University
>>Medical School
>>Dept. of Gynecology and Obstetrics
>>Theodor-Stern-Kai 7
>>60590 Frankfurt
>>
>>Phone: +69-6301 4379
>>Fax:     +69-6301 6144
>>e-mail: [hidden email]

directories

Yoann Babel
I've been searching the net for some time now, and I can't find any
documentation on the directeries used by OpenOffice. I mean the
directories under ~/.openoffice.org2/user
.../uno_packages
.../psprint
.../autocorr

etc...

Is there some documentation to describe de files we can found there, and
their format, or some stuff like that ?

Yoann

Re: directories

Juergen Schmidt-3
Yoann Babel wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been searching the net for some time now, and I can't find any
> documentation on the directeries used by OpenOffice. I mean the
> directories under ~/.openoffice.org2/user
> .../uno_packages

uno_packages is used to manage extensions. It's a private directory and
should keep in untouched nomrally.

Juergen

> .../psprint
> .../autocorr
>
> etc...
>
> Is there some documentation to describe de files we can found there, and
> their format, or some stuff like that ?
>
> Yoann

Re: directories

Jörg Barfurth
Yoann Babel wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been searching the net for some time now, and I can't find any
> documentation on the directeries used by OpenOffice. I mean the
> directories under ~/.openoffice.org2/user
> .../uno_packages
> .../psprint
> .../autocorr
>
> etc...
>
> Is there some documentation to describe de files we can found there, and
> their format, or some stuff like that ?

It probably has to be viewed on a case by case basis. In most cases the
contents of these directories appears to be private and largely
undocumented.

AFAICT the basic purposes of the directories are:

.../autocorr - Data for autocorrection/word-completion
.../autotext - User-defined autotexts
.../backup   - auto-saved backup copies
.../basic    - User-defined global macros and scripts
.../config   - Various configuration data (often binary) not stored in
                the configuration database, for example color palettes,
                line and arrowhead styles, hatching patterns and more.
.../config/soffice.cfg - UI customizations (menu bars, toolbars, etc)
.../config/imagecache  - unpacked UI graphics (e.g. icons)
.../fonts    - fonts or links to fonts installed using spadmin
.../gallery  - Custom gallery images and themes
.../psprint  - data used by the printing system, created by spadmin
                or cached automatically
.../registry - configuration database: user settings and cache
.../Scripts  - user defined scripts
.../store    - various runtime data, e.g. for caching
.../temp     - various temporary files
.../template - user-defined templates
.../uno_packages - installation area for user-installed UNO packages
                    (see Tools-Package Manager menu item)
.../wordbook - user spellchecking dictionaries

Note that several of these directories have counterparts with similar
files in <officeinstall>/share for predefined defaults and/or all-users
settings.

For .../registry there is documentation of both file format and
directory layout available on <http://util.openoffice.org>. There may be
similar information about the files in .../config/soffice.cfg available
from the framework project.

To learn more about the details for one of the others, you probably need
to ask a more target question and/or in the associate project mailing list.

HTH

- Joerg

--
Joerg Barfurth              Sun Microsystems - Desktop - Hamburg
Software Engineer                         [hidden email]
Thin Client Software