language settings for downloaded Open Office

language settings for downloaded Open Office

Jana K.

Greetings,

is there a way to get Open Office in English? I'm American working in the
Czech Rep., and I purchased a computer with Open Office from my co-worker,
however, it's in Czech - all the toolbars, etc.. Is there a way to change it
to English? Can't find one, perhaps for the very reason that it's all in
Czech.

Thanks,

Jane

Re: language settings for downloaded Open Office

Martin Groenescheij

On 02/04/18 3:24 PM, Jana K. wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> is there a way to get Open Office in English? I'm American working in the
> Czech Rep., and I purchased a computer with Open Office from my co-worker,
> however, it's in Czech - all the toolbars, etc.. Is there a way to change it
> to English? Can't find one, perhaps for the very reason that it's all in
> Czech.

The simplest solution is to download it free from the download page at
www.openoffice.org
And go to the extension page to download the Czech language extension

> Thanks,
>
> Jane

Re: language settings for downloaded Open Office

Jana K.
I found out how: uninstall existing Open Office and download the English
version.
---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]>
Komu: [hidden email]
Datum: 2. 4. 2018 12:05:48
Předmět: Re: language settings for downloaded Open Office
"

On 02/04/18 3:24 PM, Jana K. wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> is there a way to get Open Office in English? I'm American working in the
> Czech Rep., and I purchased a computer with Open Office from my co-worker,

> however, it's in Czech - all the toolbars, etc.. Is there a way to change
it
> to English? Can't find one, perhaps for the very reason that it's all in
> Czech.

The simplest solution is to download it free from the download page at
www.openoffice.org
And go to the extension page to download the Czech language extension

> Thanks,
>
> Jane

"

Re: language settings for downloaded Open Office

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jane,

You can always download a language pack (en-US) for your version of AOO
from here:
https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

After installing it you can change the user interface to English under
"Nástroje - Volby... - Jazyková nastavení - Jazyki".

I think you have to download the English dictionary additionally from here:
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 02.04.2018 um 07:24 schrieb Jana K.:

> Greetings,
>

> is there a way to get Open Office in English? I'm American working in the
> Czech Rep., and I purchased a computer with Open Office from my co-worker,
> however, it's in Czech - all the toolbars, etc.. Is there a way to change it
> to English? Can't find one, perhaps for the very reason that it's all in
> Czech.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jane

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment