loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

Steele, Raymond
Hello,

I have OpenOffice 3.3 installed and running on my Solaris x86 system. Things run under normal user experience, but if I run a custom application it fails on

loadComponentFromURL("private:factory/scalc", "_blank, 0, loadProps).

This code works fine on a Solaris 10 system running OO 3.3.  Here is some of the stack trace that java produces.

Register to memory mapping:

EAX=0x090bbe40 is an unknown value
EBX=0xfe762000: _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_+0 in /libc.so.1 at 0xfe600000

Stack [oxddc510000, 0xddd4f000], sp=0xddd4c520, free space=1005k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
C [libc.so.1]          t_delete+0x41
C [libc.so.1]         realfree+0x5e
C [libc.so.1]   _malloc_unlocked+0x1d2
C [libc.so.1]   malloc+0x38
C [libxml2.so.2]                   xmlXPathNewParserContext+0x28
C [libxml2.so.2]                   xmlXPathEval+0x92
C [libunoxml.so+0x81131]

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I had to type this stack trace so I only provided what I thought was pertinent. Please let me know if you need more.

Thanks,
Raymond Steele

Re: loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

Andrew Pitonyak
Given all of the lists that you copied, I assumed that you were not
subscribed so I copied you directly. Please respond to the list rather
than me directly so that others will see your response...

On 01/15/2014 07:00 PM, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have OpenOffice 3.3 installed and running on my Solaris x86 system. Things run under normal user experience, but if I run a custom application it fails on
>
> loadComponentFromURL("private:factory/scalc", "_blank, 0, loadProps).
>
> This code works fine on a Solaris 10 system running OO 3.3.  Here is some of the stack trace that java produces.

I am unclear on what you are saying since you say things like "this code
works fine" and "here is a stack trace". Are you saying:

(1) You have code that works on one computer but not on another....

(2) "this code always fails"

If (1), then there is a problem with your installation or a bug in OOo.
If (2), your code is probably wrong.

What language did you use? Basic, Java, C++? My guess is Basic, but your
claimed error seems wrong for that.

If (1) then there is probably a problem in Java version, linked
libraries, or similar.

If (2), have you tried a simple version written in Basic? Can you show a
few lines before and after the one line that causes the problem. This is
not even an entire line of code (since loadComponentFromURL is a method
on the desktop object). Would be nice to see how loadProps is declared
and what it contains.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

RE: EXTERNAL: Re: loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

Steele, Raymond
Thanks for the reply and I apologize about the confusion.  If I use OpenOffice as a regular user, the applications work just find (i.e. writer, database, etc.), but if I attempt to run any code that I've written in Java that uses the loadComponentFromURL method, the application crashes with the below stack trace.  Also, compiling and running of FirstLoadComponent.java located in sdk/examples/DevelopersGuide/FirstSteps results in the same.    If I install OpenOffice 3.3 on a Solaris 10, not Solaris 11 as in this case, the applications run fine. I presume there is a conflict with the libraries. Specifically, the libxml.so.2 libraries, which already exist  in my /usr/lib (installed by other Solaris applications). It appears that OpenOffice requires  the libxml.so.2 located within the /opt/openoffice.org directories instead of the one installed by the Solaris apps. If I change my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the one openoffice requires, I then get other library references out of sync.

Raymond

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

Andrew Pitonyak

No worries regarding the confusion, language is generally imprecise :-)

Disclaimer: I have never used Java to manipulate OO.

That said, your explanation sounds plausible, and my mostly uninformed
opinion is that you are correct. Hopefully another more familiar person
can provide a workable solution.

On 01/21/2014 02:03 PM, Steele, Raymond wrote:

> Thanks for the reply and I apologize about the confusion.  If I use OpenOffice as a regular user, the applications work just find (i.e. writer, database, etc.), but if I attempt to run any code that I've written in Java that uses the loadComponentFromURL method, the application crashes with the below stack trace.  Also, compiling and running of FirstLoadComponent.java located in sdk/examples/DevelopersGuide/FirstSteps results in the same.    If I install OpenOffice 3.3 on a Solaris 10, not Solaris 11 as in this case, the applications run fine. I presume there is a conflict with the libraries. Specifically, the libxml.so.2 libraries, which already exist  in my /usr/lib (installed by other Solaris applications). It appears that OpenOffice requires  the libxml.so.2 located within the /opt/openoffice.org directories instead of the one installed by the Solaris apps. If I change my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the one openoffice requires, I then get other library references out of sync.
>
> Raymond

Andrew,

Thanks again for taking the time to look at this. I hope someone else can also provide some input.

Thanks,

Raymond