Curt Scoggan
Hello,

I have downloaded the open office program and attempted to start opening the desktop EXE and get this message:

C:\windows\desktop\00o_2.0.0_Win32Intel_install.EXE is not a valid Win32 application.

Did I do something wrong.

My machine is a win98 on AMD 650Mhz KD

Thanks in advance for your kind attention.

Curt Scoggan

Re: loading open office for install

Gregory Forster
When I installed OO2.0, I didn't even bother with the
desktop installer shortcut.  I have a subdirectory
called C:\Internet Downloads.  That's where I
downloaded it.  Then click Start/Run
00o_2.0.0_Win32Intel_install.EXE and it installed
fine.

You may want to put 00o_2.0.0_Win32Intel_install.EXE
on your hard drive, then install it from there, via
Start/Run.

Greg

--- Curt Scoggan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded the open office program and
> attempted to start opening the desktop EXE and get
>
> C:\windows\desktop\00o_2.0.0_Win32Intel_install.EXE
> is not a valid Win32 application.
>
> Did I do something wrong.
>
> My machine is a win98 on AMD 650Mhz KD
>
> Thanks in advance for your kind attention.
>
> Curt Scoggan

Re: loading open office for install

Dave Barton-5
On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 01:21 -0600, Curt Scoggan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded the open office program and attempted to start
> opening the desktop EXE and get this message:
>
> C:\windows\desktop\00o_2.0.0_Win32Intel_install.EXE is not a valid
> Win32 application.
>
> Did I do something wrong.
>
> My machine is a win98 on AMD 650Mhz KD
>
> Thanks in advance for your kind attention.
>
> Curt Scoggan

It's possible the file has been corrupted during the download. Have you
checked the MD5 checksum for the file. In your case this should be:
ec048f0e09431196959c6ed7bed22cae
If you are not familiar with MD5, follow the instructions at:
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html

HTH
Dave

Re: loading open office for install

Dave Barton-5
How do people (not subscribed to the list) expect to get help if they
block replies. Here's what I got in response to my cc to the OP:
<Q>
- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail
server:
[hidden email]; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)
    Remote MTA mx10.tds.net: SMTP diagnostic: 550 Invalid recipient:
<[hidden email]>
</Q>