lost documents

Rusty
To the reader....help!!
I really am on my last effort and do not know who else I can ask. My laptop was stolen a couple of weeks ago. I have been using Open Office for quite a few years now and thought that if you got a new computer that once you downloaded OO your saved documents from the old device  would eventually show up on the new one.  My question is how can I locate those documents??? They are very valuable to me...please help

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: lost documents

James Knott
On 10/04/2017 06:11 PM, Rusty wrote:
> To the reader....help!!
> I really am on my last effort and do not know who else I can ask. My laptop was stolen a couple of weeks ago. I have been using Open Office for quite a few years now and thought that if you got a new computer that once you downloaded OO your saved documents from the old device  would eventually show up on the new one.  My question is how can I locate those documents??? They are very valuable to me...please help
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Ummm... Unless you saved those documents on a network or some other
device, how are they supposed to appear on the new computer?

Re: lost documents

Tony Christian
Backup, backup and backup again any documents that you need.

No backup no documents unfortunately.

So in a nutshell your documents are gone.

On 5/10/2017 6:11 AM, Rusty wrote:
> To the reader....help!!
> I really am on my last effort and do not know who else I can ask. My laptop was stolen a couple of weeks ago. I have been using Open Office for quite a few years now and thought that if you got a new computer that once you downloaded OO your saved documents from the old device  would eventually show up on the new one.  My question is how can I locate those documents??? They are very valuable to me...please help
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: lost documents

zahra a
hello.
i heard some programs that can lock your computer to not available for others.
for example: some of them record your fingerprint or some of them you
can use your flash to lock or unlock.
but you told that your computer is stolen and i think that now gps can
help you to find its location.
but remember to make backup of your files in the future.
hope that help, God bless you!

On 10/5/17, Tony Christian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Backup, backup and backup again any documents that you need.
>
> No backup no documents unfortunately.
>
> So in a nutshell your documents are gone.
>
> On 5/10/2017 6:11 AM, Rusty wrote:
>> To the reader....help!!
>> I really am on my last effort and do not know who else I can ask. My
>> laptop was stolen a couple of weeks ago. I have been using Open Office for
>> quite a few years now and thought that if you got a new computer that once
>> you downloaded OO your saved documents from the old device  would
>> eventually show up on the new one.  My question is how can I locate those
>> documents??? They are very valuable to me...please help
>>
>> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: lost documents

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 22:11:04 +0000 (UTC)
Rusty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> To the reader....help!!
> I really am on my last effort and do not know who else I can ask. My laptop was stolen a couple of weeks ago. I have been using Open Office for quite a few years now and thought that if you got a new computer that once you downloaded OO your saved documents from the old device  would eventually show up on the new one.  My question is how can I locate those documents??? They are very valuable to me...please help
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

When your car is stolen, everything in it is gone.  Ditto with your computer.  If you have external backups (i.e., copies) of your files, you can transfer these to your new computer, but if not, they are gone utterly.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>