lost spreadsheet

Sniknej712-2
I've been using Open Office for some time now.  Today, while on holiday I tried to open up a spreadsheet but everything went haywire.  Then I was asked to 'register' - putting in my name and initials. When I tried to go to my spreadsheet I was told there were 'no documents'.  HELP!!  How do I get my spreadsheet back?  I am not a computer expert so simple instructions please.

Mike Jenkins

Re: lost spreadsheet

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 07:45:22 +0000
Sniknej712 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been using Open Office for some time now.  Today, while on holiday I tried to open up a spreadsheet but everything went haywire.  Then I was asked to 'register' - putting in my name and initials. When I tried to go to my spreadsheet I was told there were 'no documents'.  HELP!!  How do I get my spreadsheet back?  I am not a computer expert so simple instructions please.
>
> Mike Jenkins

Being asked for name/initials on opening OpenOffice suggests that you closed your computer before OpenOffice had written its housekeeping to disk.

If the files as missing from OO's /File /Recent documents, it should still be in the directory in which it was originally saved. Start OpenOffice from Programs button, use /File /Open and its navigation buttons to navigate to that directory, select the file and press Open. It will open, and once again appear on Recent Documents, which shows only the last ten files opened.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: lost spreadsheet

Rory O'Farrell
Copy to OP because of munged email address.