mac 64-bit hardware needed - problem with accessing open office

mac 64-bit hardware needed - problem with accessing open office

Catherine Victoria
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have recently upgraded my MacBook Pro and can no longer use my open office app. I have been advised to contact the developer of the app to assist. This is the webpage I am directed to:https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436
[https://support.apple.com/library/content/dam/edam/applecare/images/en_US/social/open_graph_logo.png]<https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436>
32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support<https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436>
When you attempt to open a 32-bit app, you will see an alert that the app is not optimized for your Mac, or that the developer needs to update it to work with this version of macOS.
support.apple.com

I am hoping to can do this as I use open office on a daily basis.

Many thanks,

Catherine Victoria Whitehall

MISM, ALCM, AVCM Hons, BA Hons.
Principal

T: 07915092574 W: www.catherinevictoriaacademy.com<http://www.catherinevictoriaacademy.com>

Take Centre Stage

Re: mac 64-bit hardware needed - problem with accessing open office

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello all,

We do build 64 bit on MacOsx, Right?

All the Best

Peter

On 20.10.19 22:29, Catherine Victoria wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I have recently upgraded my MacBook Pro and can no longer use my open office app. I have been advised to contact the developer of the app to assist. This is the webpage I am directed to:https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436
> [https://support.apple.com/library/content/dam/edam/applecare/images/en_US/social/open_graph_logo.png]<https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436>
> 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support<https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436>
> When you attempt to open a 32-bit app, you will see an alert that the app is not optimized for your Mac, or that the developer needs to update it to work with this version of macOS.
> support.apple.com
>

> I am hoping to can do this as I use open office on a daily basis.
>
> Many thanks,
>

> Catherine Victoria Whitehall
>
> MISM, ALCM, AVCM Hons, BA Hons.
> Principal
>
> T: 07915092574 W: www.catherinevictoriaacademy.com<http://www.catherinevictoriaacademy.com>
>
> Take Centre Stage

Re: mac 64-bit hardware needed - problem with accessing open office

Jim Jagielski
Yes, we do.

> On Oct 22, 2019, at 1:24 AM, Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>

> We do build 64 bit on MacOsx, Right?
>

> All the Best
>
> Peter
>
> On 20.10.19 22:29, Catherine Victoria wrote:
>> Dear Sir/Madam,
>>
>> I have recently upgraded my MacBook Pro and can no longer use my open office app. I have been advised to contact the developer of the app to assist. This is the webpage I am directed to:https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436
>> [https://support.apple.com/library/content/dam/edam/applecare/images/en_US/social/open_graph_logo.png]<https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436>
>> 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support<https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208436>
>> When you attempt to open a 32-bit app, you will see an alert that the app is not optimized for your Mac, or that the developer needs to update it to work with this version of macOS.
>> support.apple.com
>>

>> I am hoping to can do this as I use open office on a daily basis.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>

>> Catherine Victoria Whitehall
>>
>> MISM, ALCM, AVCM Hons, BA Hons.
>> Principal
>>
>> T: 07915092574 W: www.catherinevictoriaacademy.com<http://www.catherinevictoriaacademy.com>
>>
>> Take Centre Stage

Re: mac 64-bit hardware needed - problem with accessing open office

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello Victoria Whitehall,

sorry for the delay. I have been irritated by the given error message.

Our latest version 4.1.7, is 64 bit. And should work on your Apple
upgraded device.

I suspect you have a older Version of OpenOffice. Can you try to install
the latest community version?

We offer the version for free. The version is as the one you own a Full
Version.

You can download it from https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

please note that our current version is stopped by Apples Gatekeeper.
See Our Article on the wiki how to confirm that you want to use OpenOffice.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#gatekeeper

We are working on a notarization from Apple. However you need to trust
us for now.