macro start key

mike alterman
Some years ago, I created a spreadsheet with a macro and assigned a
start key (alt-m) and it worked as expected.

Earlier this year, I built a new system with windows 10 (64 bit) and
installed OO 4.1.5 I went to run the macro by pressing alt-m - all I got
was a tone - didn't execute.

I submitted an item to the Forum and received responses that indicated
the key assignment was missing - that is what I found. Once the
assignment was made the macro ran as expected.

A suggestion; The key assignment(s) should be with the file / macro so a
user could easily use the file / macro on another machine without having
to modify the setting(s) of the program.

Note; I created this file many years ago to aid in tracking a health
issue - don't remember having a problem with switching from windows 2000
to windows xp.

Since I am not a programmer, I would appreciate knowing if this possible
and a possible time frame to evaluate this suggestion along with next
step(s).

Sincerely,

Mike Alterman

Re: macro start key

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Mike

Can you please report this at Bugzilla with more details?
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/

This is the Dev mailing list, so not the proper place for reporting this.

Briefly answering your question: if this is a regression (and seems to be a simple issue) it would probably be fixed for the next version. However since this is a volunteer only project it is not possible to predict a time frame (but hopefully within a year?).

Best regards,
Pedro

> On November 11, 2019 at 7:37 PM mike alterman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Some years ago, I created a spreadsheet with a macro and assigned a
> start key (alt-m) and it worked as expected.
>
> Earlier this year, I built a new system with windows 10 (64 bit) and
> installed OO 4.1.5 I went to run the macro by pressing alt-m - all I got
> was a tone - didn't execute.
>
> I submitted an item to the Forum and received responses that indicated
> the key assignment was missing - that is what I found. Once the
> assignment was made the macro ran as expected.
>
> A suggestion; The key assignment(s) should be with the file / macro so a
> user could easily use the file / macro on another machine without having
> to modify the setting(s) of the program.
>
> Note; I created this file many years ago to aid in tracking a health
> issue - don't remember having a problem with switching from windows 2000
> to windows xp.
>
> Since I am not a programmer, I would appreciate knowing if this possible
> and a possible time frame to evaluate this suggestion along with next
> step(s).
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Alterman

Fwd: Re: macro start key

Pedro Lino-3
I don't know if you have subscribed the list, so here is a copy.

Best regards,
Pedro