mail merge not working

Jonathan BJ Hayes
This is beyond frustrating.  I have watched every tutorial possible.  I have uninstalled open office multiple times to no avail.  All I am trying to do is a mail merge where I print out labels.  Every time I try this I take my open office spread sheet convert it into a open office database file but no matter what I do it does not recognize the tables and I can not do anything with the data.  WHY IS THIS?

Attached is the file I am trying to use.

Jonathan "BJ" Hayes

Realtor "THE NET ZERO ENERGY GUY"

Greenergy Realty Treasure Coast

Direct 772-801-9550

Unfortunately I missed your call the fastest way to contact me is at my mobile office http://bjhayes.com

ND4.odb (2K) Download Attachment
psl southbend vacant lots 07232020.ods (29K) Download Attachment

Re: mail merge not working

David Belina-2

RE: mail merge not working

Dick Groskamp-3
Jonathan,

the problem seems to be the two columns A and B which are hidden and empty !.
They contain no data and seem to confuse AOO Base.

Show the two columns again and fill one of them with an incrementing ID
Remove (if possible, the remaining empty column from the spreadsheet)

No need to "convert" to .odb if you choose the option "Connect to existing database"
Select "Spreadsheet" in the dropdown, which opens a fileselector, so you can browse to your spreadsheet.

After naming the new database it should work and you should see the table Sheet1