[marketing] About.com 2011 Readers' Choice Awards - Nominations are Open

[marketing] About.com 2011 Readers' Choice Awards - Nominations are Open

Wendy Russell - About.com Presentation Software Guide
        Hello,

2011
          About.com Readers' Choice AwardsI wanted to let you know about an annual awards program we’re running on About.com. The 2011 About.com Readers' Choice Awards will showcase the best products, features and services in dozens of categories. Readers' Choice grew out of a successful awards program on our Computing channel, and it's being expanded this year to include multiple channels, from technology to hobbies to parenting.

On the Presentation Software site, nominations will be accepted for

·         Best FREE Alternative to PowerPoint

·         Best PURCHASED Alternative to PowerPoint

Now is the chance to nominate OpenOffice Impress as your favorite presentation software program.

Nominations are will be open on January 13 until February 4, and voting will run from February 11 through March 8, with winners announced March 15. There's no prize -- just the bragging rights that come with getting recognized by the readers of one of the leading websites, owned by The New York Times Co.

To learn more about the awards program running on the Presentation Software site, visit the Nomination page To learn more about the overall awards program visit awards.about.com. Let me know if you have any questions, and have a great day!

Best,

Wendy Russell

Guide to Presentation Software

presentationsoft.about.com

About.com | Need. Know. Accomplish.

About.com is part of The New York Times Company

Re: About.com 2011 Readers' Choice Awards - Nominations are Open

Rudolph Barnard
Hi Wendy,
Where in the world are you?... I am in South Africa
Keep up the good work!!

--

*076-543-2675
Rudolph Barnard
Skype: rudolphbarnard*

Re: About.com 2011 Readers' Choice Awards - Nominations are Open

Louis Suárez-Potts
Hi all,
I'll surely nominate my favourite productivity "alternative" to PowerPoint. (I can't stand the term, "alternative"—it's the default and has been for a long time for not just me, but for tens of millions: not an alternative at all….)

Cheers and thanks again to all for making this possible!
Louis

On 2011-01-13, at 07:30 , Wendy Russell - About.com Presentation Software Guide wrote:

>         Hello,
> <Mail Attachment.png>I wanted to let you know about an annual awards program we’re running on About.com. The 2011 About.com Readers' Choice Awards will showcase the best products, features and services in dozens of         categories. Readers' Choice grew out of a successful awards program on our Computing channel, and it's being expanded this year to include multiple channels, from technology to hobbies to parenting.
>
> On the Presentation Software site, nominations will be accepted for
>
> ·         Best FREE Alternative to PowerPoint
>
> ·         Best PURCHASED Alternative to PowerPoint
>
> Now is the chance to nominate OpenOffice Impress as your favorite presentation software program.
>
> Nominations are will be open on January 13 until February 4, and voting will run from February 11 through March 8, with winners announced March 15. There's no prize -- just the bragging rights that come with getting recognized by the readers of one of the leading websites, owned by The New York Times Co.
>
> To learn more about the awards program running on the Presentation Software site, visit the Nomination page To learn more about the overall awards program visit awards.about.com. Let me know if you have any questions, and have a great day!
>
> Best,
>
> Wendy Russell
> Guide to Presentation Software
> presentationsoft.about.com
> About.com | Need. Know. Accomplish.
>
> About.com is part of The New York Times Company

Re: About.com 2011 Readers' Choice Awards - Nominations are Open

Louis Suárez-Potts
I should add, after having just voted, that we all ought to vote now. Quantity is quality :-)

So, please, all, cast your vote. I'll also surely blog on this and encourage my reader (or even my readers, presuming I have more than one) to vote.

:-)
Cheers,
Louis