[marketing] Another fraud misuse of OpenOffice.org brand and logo

[marketing] Another fraud misuse of OpenOffice.org brand and logo

Leif Lodahl-2
Hi,
I have noticed the following website:
http://openoffice.2011dk.net/

I haven't tried, but I guess it requires a pin number to activate the
application.

Anyway I believe it's violating Oracle trademarks and the licenses.

Cheers,
Leif Lodahl
Denmark

Re: Another fraud misuse of OpenOffice.org brand and logo

Andy Brown-5
leif wrote:

> Hi,
> I have noticed the following website:
> http://openoffice.2011dk.net/
>
> I haven't tried, but I guess it requires a pin number to activate the
> application.
>
> Anyway I believe it's violating Oracle trademarks and the licenses.
>

> Cheers,
> Leif Lodahl
> Denmark

It appears to be a blog connected to  http://openoffice.2011uk.net/ ,
judging by the looks.  I do not read German so I can not tell for sure
and Google translate can not find the page.

Re: Another fraud misuse of OpenOffice.org brand and logo

Alex Fisher
> leif wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I have noticed the following website:
> > http://openoffice.2011dk.net/
> >
> > I haven't tried, but I guess it requires a pin number to activate the
> > application.
> >
> > Anyway I believe it's violating Oracle trademarks and the licenses.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Leif Lodahl
> > Denmark
>
> It appears to be a blog connected to  http://openoffice.2011uk.net/ ,
> judging by the looks.  I do not read German so I can not tell for sure
> and Google translate can not find the page.
Fortunately, Google Chrome has an automatic translation feature (Google
Translate is built in). Thanks to that, I can say that Andy is correct. In
fact it is the same blog, just in Danish (not German :) ) and, after
translation, the postings are the same.

--
Alex Fisher

Co-Lead, CD-ROM Project