[marketing] Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

[marketing] Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Peter Junge-2
Hi Florian,

despite times of troubles, I'm planning to throw a party for OOo's 10th
birthday as part of the monthly meeting of the Beijing Linux User Group
on October 12th. Accordingly, I would like to request a subsidy of up to
150 Euro on the expenses of the OOo Marketing Project budget to support
this little event.

Best regards,
Peter

Re: Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Cor Nouws
Hi Peter,

Peter Junge wrote (05-10-10 13:34)
> Hi Florian,
>
> despite times of troubles, I'm planning to throw a party for OOo's 10th
> birthday as part of the monthly meeting of the Beijing Linux User Group

Great initiative :-)

> on October 12th. Accordingly, I would like to request a subsidy of up to
> 150 Euro on the expenses of the OOo Marketing Project budget to support
> this little event.

+1

Cor (too fast, sorry Florian ;-) )

--
  - free OpenOffice.org :: LibreOffice -

Re: Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Florian Effenberger-2
Hi Peter,

Peter Junge wrote on 2010-10-05 13.34:

> despite times of troubles, I'm planning to throw a party for OOo's 10th
> birthday as part of the monthly meeting of the Beijing Linux User Group
> on October 12th. Accordingly, I would like to request a subsidy of up to
> 150 Euro on the expenses of the OOo Marketing Project budget to support
> this little event.

I'm happy to agree to this funding. However, given the current things
going on. I am not sure if I am still eligible for granting money from
the budget.

Thus, I copy the budgets@council list, seeking for confirmation.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead

Re: Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Martin Hollmichel-3
  Am 06.10.2010 12:08, schrieb Florian Effenberger:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Peter Junge wrote on 2010-10-05 13.34:
>
>> despite times of troubles, I'm planning to throw a party for OOo's 10th
>> birthday as part of the monthly meeting of the Beijing Linux User Group
>> on October 12th. Accordingly, I would like to request a subsidy of up to
>> 150 Euro on the expenses of the OOo Marketing Project budget to support
>> this little event.
>
> I'm happy to agree to this funding. However, given the current things
> going on. I am not sure if I am still eligible for granting money from
> the budget.
Hmm, the same might apply for other leading member of the other project
which had so far also a seat in the community council
(http://council.openoffice.org)., this may the opportunity for others to
step into this role. Anyhow, the remaing members will look into this
request asap,

Martin

> Thus, I copy the budgets@council list, seeking for confirmation.
>
> Florian

Re: Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Charles-H. Schulz
Hello Martin,

Le Wed, 06 Oct 2010 17:36:50 +0200,
Martin Hollmichel <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>   Am 06.10.2010 12:08, schrieb Florian Effenberger:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Peter Junge wrote on 2010-10-05 13.34:
> >
> >> despite times of troubles, I'm planning to throw a party for OOo's
> >> 10th birthday as part of the monthly meeting of the Beijing Linux
> >> User Group on October 12th. Accordingly, I would like to request a
> >> subsidy of up to 150 Euro on the expenses of the OOo Marketing
> >> Project budget to support this little event.
> >
> > I'm happy to agree to this funding. However, given the current
> > things going on. I am not sure if I am still eligible for granting
> > money from the budget.
> Hmm, the same might apply for other leading member of the other
> project which had so far also a seat in the community council
> (http://council.openoffice.org)., this may the opportunity for others
> to step into this role. Anyhow, the remaing members will look into
> this request asap,

If I may Martin: I don't see why we should leave just now; and I don't
remember you moving so fast for any fork there ever was on
OpenOffice.org

Also, I would understand this as a gesture by Oracle to stop the
dialogue as it is now. Please advise.

best,
Charles.

> Martin
> >
> > Thus, I copy the budgets@council list, seeking for confirmation.
> >
> > Florian

Re: Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Martin Hollmichel-3
  Gi,

Am 06.10.2010 18:19, schrieb Charles-H. Schulz:

> Hello Martin,
>
> Le Wed, 06 Oct 2010 17:36:50 +0200,
> Martin Hollmichel<[hidden email]>  a écrit :
>
>>    Am 06.10.2010 12:08, schrieb Florian Effenberger:
>>> Hi Peter,

>>> I'm happy to agree to this funding. However, given the current
>>> things going on. I am not sure if I am still eligible for granting
>>> money from the budget.
>> Hmm, the same might apply for other leading member of the other
>> project which had so far also a seat in the community council
>> (http://council.openoffice.org)., this may the opportunity for others
>> to step into this role. Anyhow, the remaing members will look into
>> this request asap,
>
> If I may Martin: I don't see why we should leave just now; and I don't
> remember you moving so fast for any fork there ever was on
> OpenOffice.org
sorry, I don't remember any community fork driven by a member of the
community council. I don't see a conflict of interest if a community
member who decides to contribute to both: the fork and it's parent. but
I don't think that this applies for leaders of the different project and
no way claiming that you can have a leading role for both projects. for
me this a classic example for a conflict of interest.
> Also, I would understand this as a gesture by Oracle to stop the
> dialogue as it is now. Please advise.

sorry, must be my German mentality:  ("Bestimmte Sachen tut man einfach
nicht, auch wenn sie juristisch erlaubt sind. Das hat was mit Anstand zu
tun") Some thing you don't do, even if there are legally allowed. It's a
matter of personal integrity. In Germany it is also good pratice, when
in doubt of a conflict of interest, that you  inform your partners in
advance and ask for their opinion,

But I'm looking forward what others will say about this.
> best,
> Charles.

Martin

>> Martin
>>> Thus, I copy the budgets@council list, seeking for confirmation.
>>>
>>> Florian

Re: Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Charles-H. Schulz
Hello Stefan,

Le Wed, 06 Oct 2010 19:09:02 +0200,
Martin Hollmichel <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>   Gi,
>
> Am 06.10.2010 18:19, schrieb Charles-H. Schulz:
> > Hello Martin,
> >
> > Le Wed, 06 Oct 2010 17:36:50 +0200,
> > Martin Hollmichel<[hidden email]>  a écrit :

> >> Hmm, the same might apply for other leading member of the other
> >> project which had so far also a seat in the community council
> >> (http://council.openoffice.org)., this may the opportunity for
> >> others to step into this role. Anyhow, the remaing members will
> >> look into this request asap,
> >
> > If I may Martin: I don't see why we should leave just now; and I
> > don't remember you moving so fast for any fork there ever was on
> > OpenOffice.org
> sorry, I don't remember any community fork driven by a member of the
> community council. I don't see a conflict of interest if a community
> member who decides to contribute to both: the fork and it's parent.

But Stefan, here's what's really appalling: all the members of the CC
who do not work for Oracle choose to go, and you call that a fork, file
and rank it in the fork category as if everything was normal. That is a
serious lack of...interest/pedagogy/feeling/ and many other things.

On the other hand, I'm not saying that I and others are going to
continue at the CC as if nothing has ever happened. I/we will leave,
but please do yourself a favour, don't act as if you're kicking us out,
please do favour the dialogue first.

> but I don't think that this applies for leaders of the different
> project and no way claiming that you can have a leading role for both
> projects. for me this a classic example for a conflict of interest.
> > Also, I would understand this as a gesture by Oracle to stop the
> > dialogue as it is now. Please advise.
> >
> sorry, must be my German mentality:  ("Bestimmte Sachen tut man
> einfach nicht, auch wenn sie juristisch erlaubt sind. Das hat was mit
> Anstand zu tun") Some thing you don't do, even if there are legally
> allowed. It's a matter of personal integrity. In Germany it is also
> good pratice, when in doubt of a conflict of interest, that you
> inform your partners in advance and ask for their opinion,

Conflict of interests are indeed not something we wish for. But I
disagree that my personal integrity or the one of the TDF members are
at stake here: our community is so disfunctional and so broken (before
TDF) that we knew we had no option but going forward. German mentality
as well: fix everything that's broken, and don't let it linger .

Best,
Charles.

> But I'm looking forward what others will say about this.
> > best,
> > Charles.
> >
> Martin
>
> >> Martin

Re: Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Martin Hollmichel-3
  Hi Charles,

I'm not Stefan, but I will try to answer:

You and some other made a quite clear statement and move. I acknowledge
the that I receiced that your way is not longer my way. I'm sorry about
this but I accept your decision say farewell. Now you're requesting a
dialog started by me and I'm confused. If things have changed on your
side, please let me know.

Martin

  Am 06.10.2010 20:01, schrieb Martin Hollmichel:
> the that I receiced
superflous words and letters, sorry for that, was fighting with repaint
problems of my mail program,

Martin

Re: Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Peter Junge-2
Hi Florian,

as you have not been quitting the role of the Marketing Project Lead,
it's still you who is responsible for the MP budget.

Of course we have to discuss sooner or later how to proceed in case TDF
and OOo will go different ways in the future, but this is out of the
scope of this thread. Hopefully, also not the right time yet.

Best regards,
Peter

Peter Junge wrote on 2010-10-07 06.33:
> as you have not been quitting the role of the Marketing Project Lead,
> it's still you who is responsible for the MP budget.

thank you! Given the current words I read on various mailing lists, I am
not so sure if a decision solely by me would be accepted anymore.

> Of course we have to discuss sooner or later how to proceed in case TDF
> and OOo will go different ways in the future, but this is out of the
> scope of this thread. Hopefully, also not the right time yet.

I agree...

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead
Tel: +49 8341 99660880
Fax: +49 8341 99660889
Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Re: Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Peter Junge-2
Hi Florian, Cor,

Cor Nouws wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Peter Junge wrote (05-10-10 13:34)
>> Hi Florian,
>>
>> despite times of troubles, I'm planning to throw a party for OOo's 10th
>> birthday as part of the monthly meeting of the Beijing Linux User Group
>
> Great initiative :-)
>
>> on October 12th. Accordingly, I would like to request a subsidy of up to
>> 150 Euro on the expenses of the OOo Marketing Project budget to support
>> this little event.
>
> +1
>
> Cor (too fast, sorry Florian ;-) )

as Florian also accepted this request, I think I will be able to go
ahead the OOo birthday party tomorrow. Yes?

How to proceed? Just spending the money and sending in the invoice for
reimbursement?

Peter Junge wrote on 2010-10-11 08.06:

> as Florian also accepted this request, I think I will be able to go
> ahead the OOo birthday party tomorrow. Yes?
>
> How to proceed? Just spending the money and sending in the invoice for
> reimbursement?

from my side, yes. This request has been authorized by the authorizers
and approved by the budget holder. Matthias, Martin, or anyone else from
TeamOOo/treasurer, can you confirm?

Thanks,
Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead
Tel: +49 8341 99660880
Fax: +49 8341 99660889
Mobile: +49 151 14424108

[marketing] Re: [council-budget] Re: [marketing] Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Martin Hollmichel-4

Florian Effenberger schrieb:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Peter Junge wrote on 2010-10-11 08.06:
>
>> as Florian also accepted this request, I think I will be able to go
>> ahead the OOo birthday party tomorrow. Yes?
>>
>> How to proceed? Just spending the money and sending in the invoice for
>> reimbursement?
>
> from my side, yes. This request has been authorized by the authorizers
> and approved by the budget holder. Matthias, Martin, or anyone else
> from TeamOOo/treasurer, can you confirm?
Yes,

Martin

> Thanks,
> Florian

Re: [council-budget] Re: [marketing] Budget Request - OOo 10th Birthday Party in Beijing

Florian Effenberger-2
Thanks.

[hidden email] wrote:

> Florian Effenberger schrieb:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Peter Junge wrote on 2010-10-11 08.06:
>>
>>> as Florian also accepted this request, I think I will be able to go
>>> ahead the OOo birthday party tomorrow. Yes?
>>>
>>> How to proceed? Just spending the money and sending in the invoice for
>>> reimbursement?
>>
>> from my side, yes. This request has been authorized by the authorizers
>> and approved by the budget holder. Matthias, Martin, or anyone else
>> from TeamOOo/treasurer, can you confirm?
> Yes,
>
> Martin

Thanks,

Peter