[marketing] Call Conference?

12

[marketing] Call Conference?

Alexandro Colorado-3
Will there be any call conference this month for the marketing team?
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Marketing_ConfCalls

Looking at the schedule there hasn't been any proposed date for it. AFAIK
there were some work being addressed on the Strategic Marketing Plan and
updates happening on the branding and tech events.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OOoES A.C - http://oooes.org

Re: Call Conference?

Peter Junge-2
Hi Alexandro,

Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Will there be any call conference this month for the marketing team?
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Marketing_ConfCalls

you likely have been noticing, that the founding of the TDF has
significantly reduced contributers to the MP. As well, I have been
posting a couple of weeks ago, that I'm more or less on sick leave as I
had an injury with my left hand, consequently I can only use the right
one (fortunately I'm right-handed) to type. Hence, the page you are
referring too has the following note on top:
"The next Marketing ConfCall is deferred to an yet unknown point in
time, due to staffing problems of the Marketing Project"

The splint I'm wearing at the moment is hopefully removed next Tuesday,
hence I'm hoping to be able to work fully again on Wednesday.

> Looking at the schedule there hasn't been any proposed date for it.
> AFAIK there were some work being addressed on the Strategic Marketing
> Plan and updates happening on the branding and tech events.

So, before thinking about ambitious projects like the SMP, I would like
to do things in the right order. First of all, I want to find out, how
many active contributers we still have for the MP. If we find out, there
are still enough, we can resume with the conference calls again.

Before the TDF has happened, I already had an discussion with Florian,
that it needs more than two continually contributing persons to
successfully drive the MP. There's indeed a significant basic load in
administrative work to manage. My idea was --and Florian agreed-- to
reorganize the MP completely. Rather than continuing the (for the MP)
insufficient concept of lead and co-lead, it would IMHO be better to
refine responsibilities in order to be able to assign clearly defined
topical fields to several people. I'm thinking about categories like
press officer, standards, education, events, branding, website
maintenance etc. If we can manage to set-up such team we should also be
well prepared to work on the SMP.

Best regards,
Peter

Re: Call Conference?

Alexandro Colorado-3
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 05:26:41 -0600, Peter Junge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alexandro,
>
> Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>> Will there be any call conference this month for the marketing team?
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Marketing_ConfCalls
>
> you likely have been noticing, that the founding of the TDF has
> significantly reduced contributers to the MP. As well, I have been
> posting a couple of weeks ago, that I'm more or less on sick leave as I
> had an injury with my left hand, consequently I can only use the right
> one (fortunately I'm right-handed) to type. Hence, the page you are
> referring too has the following note on top:
> "The next Marketing ConfCall is deferred to an yet unknown point in
> time, due to staffing problems of the Marketing Project"
> The splint I'm wearing at the moment is hopefully removed next Tuesday,
> hence I'm hoping to be able to work fully again on Wednesday.
>
>>  Looking at the schedule there hasn't been any proposed date for it.
>> AFAIK there were some work being addressed on the Strategic Marketing
>> Plan and updates happening on the branding and tech events.
>>

> So, before thinking about ambitious projects like the SMP, I would like
> to do things in the right order. First of all, I want to find out, how
> many active contributers we still have for the MP. If we find out, there
> are still enough, we can resume with the conference calls again.
>
> Before the TDF has happened, I already had an discussion with Florian,
> that it needs more than two continually contributing persons to
> successfully drive the MP. There's indeed a significant basic load in
> administrative work to manage. My idea was --and Florian agreed-- to
> reorganize the MP completely. Rather than continuing the (for the MP)
> insufficient concept of lead and co-lead, it would IMHO be better to
> refine responsibilities in order to be able to assign clearly defined
> topical fields to several people. I'm thinking about categories like
> press officer, standards, education, events, branding, website
> maintenance etc. If we can manage to set-up such team we should also be
> well prepared to work on the SMP.
>
> Best regards,
> Peter

Ok Thanks for the info, hope you can get well soon. I am not sure about
this multiple titles disemination, but then again would be interesting to
watch. Maybe it works.

--
Alexandro Colorado

[marketing] Strategic Marketing Plan Call (was: [marketing] Call Conference?)

Rosana Ardila
Hi,

I think that this is actually a good discussion for a conference call. I would like to see some progress in the Strategic Marketing Plan. Also because that will help the branding guidelines to move forward.
Who would like to discuss this in a call?

Cheers,
Rosana

Alexandro Colorado wrote:
[...]

Rosana Ardila Biela | Marketing Manager
Phone: +49 (0)40 23 646 722
Oracle Office

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Peter Junge-2
Hi Rosana,

Rosana Ardila wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> I think that this is actually a good discussion for a conference call. I
> would like to see some progress in the Strategic Marketing Plan. Also
> because that will help the branding guidelines to move forward.

Most attendees of the SMP workshop in Budapest are with the TDF/LibO
now, hence likely unavailable. I'm estimating the effort to work on a
new SMP with three to six man-months in total, hence it would require to
have a fair number of contributers.

> Who would like to discuss this in a call?

Yes, first topics to discuss would be recruiting contributers and
setting up a team.

Best regards,
Peter

> On 11/13/10 18:12, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 05:26:41 -0600, Peter Junge <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alexandro,

>>> you likely have been noticing, that the founding of the TDF has
>>> significantly reduced contributers to the MP. As well, I have been
>>> posting a couple of weeks ago, that I'm more or less on sick leave as
>>> I had an injury with my left hand, consequently I can only use the
>>> right one (fortunately I'm right-handed) to type. Hence, the page you
>>> are referring too has the following note on top:
>>> "The next Marketing ConfCall is deferred to an yet unknown point in
>>> time, due to staffing problems of the Marketing Project"
>>> The splint I'm wearing at the moment is hopefully removed next
>>> Tuesday, hence I'm hoping to be able to work fully again on Wednesday.

>>> So, before thinking about ambitious projects like the SMP, I would
>>> like to do things in the right order. First of all, I want to find
>>> out, how many active contributers we still have for the MP. If we
>>> find out, there are still enough, we can resume with the conference
>>> calls again.
>>>
>>> Before the TDF has happened, I already had an discussion with
>>> Florian, that it needs more than two continually contributing persons
>>> to successfully drive the MP. There's indeed a significant basic load
>>> in administrative work to manage. My idea was --and Florian agreed--
>>> to reorganize the MP completely. Rather than continuing the (for the
>>> MP) insufficient concept of lead and co-lead, it would IMHO be better
>>> to refine responsibilities in order to be able to assign clearly
>>> defined topical fields to several people. I'm thinking about
>>> categories like press officer, standards, education, events,
>>> branding, website maintenance etc. If we can manage to set-up such
>>> team we should also be well prepared to work on the SMP.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Peter
>>

>> Ok Thanks for the info, hope you can get well soon. I am not sure
>> about this multiple titles disemination, but then again would be
>> interesting to watch. Maybe it works.
>>

> --
>
> <http://www.oracle.com/>
> Rosana Ardila Biela | Marketing Manager
> Phone: +49 (0)40 23 646 722
> Oracle Office
>
> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Nagelsweg 55 | 20097 Hamburg
>
> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 München
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>
> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
> Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
> Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
> Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der Ven

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Rosana Ardila
Hi Peter,

Let's get the people interested in creating the SMP together and discuss
how we can move forward. Could you ping the marcons and see who wants to
get started?

I underdstand that most of the people that were in Budapest might not
have enough time to collaborate here, but maybe there's also others that
would like to work on the SMP and weren't in Budapest.

So for anyone interested, just let us know and let's get together.

Regards,
Rosana

Peter Junge wrote:

> Hi Rosana,
>
> Rosana Ardila wrote:
>>   Hi,
>>
>> I think that this is actually a good discussion for a conference
>> call. I would like to see some progress in the Strategic Marketing
>> Plan. Also because that will help the branding guidelines to move
>> forward.
>
> Most attendees of the SMP workshop in Budapest are with the TDF/LibO
> now, hence likely unavailable. I'm estimating the effort to work on a
> new SMP with three to six man-months in total, hence it would require
> to have a fair number of contributers.
>
>> Who would like to discuss this in a call?
>
> Yes, first topics to discuss would be recruiting contributers and
> setting up a team.
>
> Best regards,
> Peter
>
>> On 11/13/10 18:12, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

>>> Ok Thanks for the info, hope you can get well soon. I am not sure
>>> about this multiple titles disemination, but then again would be
>>> interesting to watch. Maybe it works.
>>>

>> --
>>
>> <http://www.oracle.com/>
>> Rosana Ardila Biela | Marketing Manager
>> Phone: +49 (0)40 23 646 722
>> Oracle Office
>>
>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Nagelsweg 55 | 20097 Hamburg
>>
>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
>> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 München
>> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>>
>> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
>> Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
>> Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
>> Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der Ven

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Alexandro Colorado-3
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:23:06 -0600, Rosana Ardila
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Let's get the people interested in creating the SMP together and discuss
> how we can move forward. Could you ping the marcons and see who wants to
> get started?
>
> I underdstand that most of the people that were in Budapest might not
> have enough time to collaborate here, but maybe there's also others that
> would like to work on the SMP and weren't in Budapest.
>
> So for anyone interested, just let us know and let's get together.
>
> Regards,
> Rosana

Is this a 'yes' to the confcall or are we going to do this in a different
way now?

> Peter Junge wrote:
>> Hi Rosana,
>>
>> Rosana Ardila wrote:
>>>   Hi,
>>>
>>> I think that this is actually a good discussion for a conference call.
>>> I would like to see some progress in the Strategic Marketing Plan.
>>> Also because that will help the branding guidelines to move forward.
>>
>> Most attendees of the SMP workshop in Budapest are with the TDF/LibO
>> now, hence likely unavailable. I'm estimating the effort to work on a
>> new SMP with three to six man-months in total, hence it would require
>> to have a fair number of contributers.
>>
>>> Who would like to discuss this in a call?
>>
>> Yes, first topics to discuss would be recruiting contributers and
>> setting up a team.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Peter

>>> -- <http://www.oracle.com/>
>>> Rosana Ardila Biela | Marketing Manager
>>> Phone: +49 (0)40 23 646 722
>>> Oracle Office
>>>
>>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Nagelsweg 55 | 20097 Hamburg
>>>
>>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
>>> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 München
>>> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>>>
>>> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
>>> Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
>>> Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
>>> Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der
>>> Ven

Alexandro Colorado

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Jean Hollis Weber-3
Are the results of the Budapest discussion available? Recording,
transcript, minutes, notes, anything? Might be useful info for people
who were not there but would like to participate.

--Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
Co-Lead, OpenOffice.org Documentation Project

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 16:23 +0100, Rosana Ardila wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Let's get the people interested in creating the SMP together and discuss
> how we can move forward. Could you ping the marcons and see who wants to
> get started?
>
> I underdstand that most of the people that were in Budapest might not
> have enough time to collaborate here, but maybe there's also others that
> would like to work on the SMP and weren't in Budapest.
>
> So for anyone interested, just let us know and let's get together.
>
> Regards,
> Rosana
>

> Peter Junge wrote:
> > Hi Rosana,
> >
> > Rosana Ardila wrote:
> >>   Hi,
> >>
> >> I think that this is actually a good discussion for a conference
> >> call. I would like to see some progress in the Strategic Marketing
> >> Plan. Also because that will help the branding guidelines to move
> >> forward.
> >
> > Most attendees of the SMP workshop in Budapest are with the TDF/LibO
> > now, hence likely unavailable. I'm estimating the effort to work on a
> > new SMP with three to six man-months in total, hence it would require
> > to have a fair number of contributers.
> >
> >> Who would like to discuss this in a call?
> >
> > Yes, first topics to discuss would be recruiting contributers and
> > setting up a team.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Peter

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Alexandro Colorado-3
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:26:07 -0600, Jean Hollis Weber
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are the results of the Budapest discussion available? Recording,
> transcript, minutes, notes, anything? Might be useful info for people
> who were not there but would like to participate.
>
> --Jean

Here is the original link of the notes. BTW the meetup was just a big
brainstorm on ideas to go into the SMP2k10 so there was no further
discussion or analysis of any of these items. The idea was to do that on
the ML with the rest of the community.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Strategic_Marketing_Plan_2010

> Jean Hollis Weber
> Co-Lead, OpenOffice.org Documentation Project
>
> On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 16:23 +0100, Rosana Ardila wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Let's get the people interested in creating the SMP together and discuss
>> how we can move forward. Could you ping the marcons and see who wants to
>> get started?
>>
>> I underdstand that most of the people that were in Budapest might not
>> have enough time to collaborate here, but maybe there's also others that
>> would like to work on the SMP and weren't in Budapest.
>>
>> So for anyone interested, just let us know and let's get together.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rosana
>>

>> Peter Junge wrote:
>> > Hi Rosana,

>> > Most attendees of the SMP workshop in Budapest are with the TDF/LibO
>> > now, hence likely unavailable. I'm estimating the effort to work on a
>> > new SMP with three to six man-months in total, hence it would require
>> > to have a fair number of contributers.

>> > Yes, first topics to discuss would be recruiting contributers and
>> > setting up a team.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Peter

>> team?

>> Wednesday.

>> events.

Alexandro Colorado

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Kazunari Hirano
Hi Peter and Rosana,

Will it be SMP 2010-2015, five-year plan?
:)
How about deciding on its time frame first?
:)
Just my idea.

OK, I think OpenOffice.org Japanese Language Project can contribute to
a new SMP since we have got support organizations like ODPG [1], and
we have got many enterprise users and several local government users
like an recent example, Yamagata prefectural government,  who is
planning to adopt OpenOffice.org as next PC office software for fiscal
2011 [2].

We have made a wiki page listing major deployments since 2003 in Japan
[3].  We have learned a lot from them and organized a strong marketing
project [4]

Our marketing project members are from various fields, such as
opensource software solution companies, solution providers,
independent designers, translators, consultants, local government
workers etc. So we can share ideas on SMP and contibute to a new SMP.

Why don't we the Marketing Project announce "call for participation in
creating a new SMP" on [hidden email]?  Then marcons can
translate the announcement into their language and organize
contributors.

[1] http://openoffice.exblog.jp/11317007/
[2] http://openoffice.exblog.jp/11503136/
[3] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/JA/Marketing/Major_OpenOffice.org_Deployments
[4] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/JA/Marketing/Members

Thanks,
khirano
--
Kazunari Hirano - Marketing Project Coordinator - OpenOffice.org
Japanese Language Project

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Peter Junge-3
Hi Rosana, *,

sorry for the delayed response to the whole thread. Unfortunately I had
to return to Germany earlier this week due to urgent family affairs. As
I will be almost unavailable for one or two more weeks, I have been
asking Louis to continuing acting as Marketing Project lead.

Best regards,
Peter

Louis Suárez-Potts
Hi all,

On 2010-11-24, at 05:25 , Peter Junge wrote:

> Hi Rosana, *,
>
> sorry for the delayed response to the whole thread. Unfortunately I had to return to Germany earlier this week due to urgent family affairs. As I will be almost unavailable for one or two more weeks, I have been asking Louis to continuing acting as Marketing Project lead.

Besides ducking and covering (a joke!) I'll see about setting up a call for sometime next week, if that is okay.

Louis

> Best regards,
> Peter
>
> Rosana Ardila wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>> Let's get the people interested in creating the SMP together and discuss how we can move forward. Could you ping the marcons and see who wants to get started?
>> I underdstand that most of the people that were in Budapest might not have enough time to collaborate here, but maybe there's also others that would like to work on the SMP and weren't in Budapest.
>> So for anyone interested, just let us know and let's get together.
>> Regards,
>> Rosana
>> Peter Junge wrote:
>>> Hi Rosana,

>>> Most attendees of the SMP workshop in Budapest are with the TDF/LibO now, hence likely unavailable. I'm estimating the effort to work on a new SMP with three to six man-months in total, hence it would require to have a fair number of contributers.

>>> Yes, first topics to discuss would be recruiting contributers and setting up a team.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Peter

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Rafaella Braconi-2
Hi Louis,

Il 24.11.2010 15:02, Louis Suárez-Potts ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> On 2010-11-24, at 05:25 , Peter Junge wrote:
>
>> Hi Rosana, *,
>>
>> sorry for the delayed response to the whole thread. Unfortunately I had to return to Germany earlier this week due to urgent family affairs. As I will be almost unavailable for one or two more weeks, I have been asking Louis to continuing acting as Marketing Project lead.
> Besides ducking and covering (a joke!) I'll see about setting up a call for sometime next week, if that is okay.
what about an IRC meeting?

rafaella

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Rosana Ardila
Khirano, all,

This is actually a great starting point!
I also agree with you on the idea of invition other community members to help us create the SMP. What I think we should do first, is to create a framework to make participation easier with the marcons and the marketing list.
For example, we could have internal polls asking other what they think we should go, etc. So that we pre-structure the discussion around the SMP. I think that would help us to move forward faster.
What do you think about that?
Btw, Louis and Rafaella would like to set up a call or an IRC meeting next week, so we can discuss this also there.

Regards,
Rosana

On 11/19/10 11:34, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
[...]

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:00:00 -0600, Rosana Ardila
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Khirano, all,
>
> This is actually a great starting point!
> I also agree with you on the idea of invition other community members to
> help us create the SMP. What I think we should do first, is to create a
> framework to make participation easier with the marcons and the
> marketing list.
> For example, we could have internal polls asking other what they think
> we should go, etc. So that we pre-structure the discussion around the
> SMP. I think that would help us to move forward faster.
> What do you think about that?

this will be good, we have the survey software maybe we can have it used
for that.

> Btw, Louis and Rafaella would like to set up a call or an IRC meeting
> next week, so we can discuss this also there.

I would preffer a call. However we could have a prediscussion of the SMP
points just to get people up to speed on where we at with the ideas.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OOoES A.C - http://oooes.org

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Kazunari Hirano
Hi Rosana, Rafaella, Louis and all,

I am looking forward to meeting you on IRC next week.

Thanks,
khirano
--
Kazunari Hirano - Marketing Project Coordinator - OpenOffice.org Japanese
Language Project
http://ja.openoffice.org/

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Rosana Ardila
Hi all,

I set up a doodle poll to see if we can organize the call/IRC meeting for next week:
http://doodle.com/atk9y2pdmp3gm6sq
I will only be available the first half of the week, but you can also talk without me.
I think it is going to be hard to find a suitable time for all (Japan and Mexico are far appart). If these times don't work for you, let me know. What we can always do is have several calls and try to sync somehow.

cheers,
Rosana

On 11/25/10 12:23, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
Hi Rosana, Rafaella, Louis and all,

I am looking forward to meeting you on IRC next week.

Thanks,
khirano

--

Rosana Ardila Biela | Marketing Manager
Phone: +49 (0)40 23 646 722
Oracle Office

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Alexandro Colorado-3
On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:43:54 -0600, Rosana Ardila
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Hi all,
>
> I set up a doodle poll to see if we can organize the call/IRC meeting
> for next week:
> http://doodle.com/atk9y2pdmp3gm6sq
> I will only be available the first half of the week, but you can also
> talk without me.
> I think it is going to be hard to find a suitable time for all (Japan
> and Mexico are far appart). If these times don't work for you, let me
> know. What we can always do is have several calls and try to sync
> somehow.
>
> cheers,
> Rosana

Unfortunately the poll only have your time availability so is hard to
choose just on your a 6 slot timezone. Only avialable time for me was the
latest slot which agree is hard  for  Japan. I would suggest to update the
poll into a full 12-16 slot platform.

--
Alexandro Colorado

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Katsuya Kobayashi
Hi

I can't select from this time slot. See you next time if there are
wide selectable slots.

Thanks, Katsuya

2010/11/26 Alexandro Colorado <[hidden email]>:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:43:54 -0600, Rosana Ardila <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> http://doodle.com/atk9y2pdmp3gm6sq
> Unfortunately the poll only have your time availability so is hard to choose
> just on your a 6 slot timezone. Only avialable time for me was the latest
> slot which agree is hard  for  Japan. I would suggest to update the poll
> into a full 12-16 slot platform.

Re: Strategic Marketing Plan Call

Rosana Ardila
Hi All,

Katsuna, you are right, it is indeed hard for you and for many others.
What we could do is try to come to a way of organizing the work, so it
can be done on parallel in the different regions (as all have different
needs and the marketing activities have to be done differently) and then
to sum up.
I propose to have a first call on Tuesday at 5 pm Greenwich mean time
with the ones that can make it. Then to schedule different calls. We
would discuss how to make a regional cooperation possible and how to
come to results that we can discuss then globally.
Let me know your thoughts on this. If you have any points you would like
to have discussed during the Tuesday call, please send them to us, we
will take them into account.
Also feel free to schedule a call with the times that work best for you.
Maybe they all work well for the rest too :)

All the best,
Rosana