[marketing] Domain Registration Notice For openoffice

[marketing] Domain Registration Notice For openoffice

Ian Ge
Mail
(It's very urgent, Please transfer this email to your CEO or appropriate person, Thanks)

Dear CEO/Principal,
This is Ian Ge---Senior Consultant of domain name registration and solution center in china. have something to confirm with you. We formally received an application on January 18, 2011, one company which self-styled "Evay Investment Corp" were applying to register "openoffice" as Network Brand and following domain names:
 openoffice.com.hk
 openoffice.org.cn
After our initial checking, we found the name were similar to your company's, so we need to check with you whether your company has authorized that company to register these names. If you authorized this, we will finish the registration at once. If you did not authorize, please let us know within 7 workdays, so that we will handle this issue better. Out of the time limit we will unconditionally finish the registration for "Evay Investment Corp".

Best Regards,

Ian Ge
Tel: +86-551-5223-174 || Fax: +86-551-5223-175
10/F,Jindi International Building,No.588 MaAnshan South Road,Baohe District,Heifei,China.

Re: Domain Registration Notice For openoffice

varun mittal
Dear All,

I allowed this mail to reach the list being the moderator of list. Kindly
remember that sending message to mail list will not send response to sender
as if he not part of mail list

I am coordinating with Peter to resolve this

Regards
Varun Mittal <http://www.varunmittal.info>

Google <https://www.google.com/profiles/varunmittal87>
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/mittal.varun>
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/varunmittal87>
Twitter<http://twitter.com/varunmittal19>

"Uncertainty is the only Certainty of LIFE"
2011/1/18 Ian Ge <[hidden email]>

>   (It's very urgent, Please transfer this email to your CEO or appropriate
> person, Thanks)
>
> Dear CEO/Principal,
> This is Ian Ge---Senior Consultant of domain name registration and solution
> center in china. have something to confirm with you. We formally received an
> application on January 18, 2011, one company which self-styled "Evay
> Investment Corp" were applying to register "openoffice" as Network Brand and
> following domain names:
>  openoffice.com.hk
>  openoffice.org.cn
> After our initial checking, we found the name were similar to your
> company's, so we need to check with you whether your company has authorized
> that company to register these names. If you authorized this, we will finish
> the registration at once. If you did not authorize, please let us know
> within 7 workdays, so that we will handle this issue better. Out of the time
> limit we will unconditionally finish the registration for "Evay Investment
> Corp".
>

>   Best Regards,
>
> Ian Ge
> Tel: +86-551-5223-174 || Fax: +86-551-5223-175
> 10/F,Jindi International Building,No.588 MaAnshan South Road,Baohe
> District,Heifei,China.

Re: Domain Registration Notice For openoffice

Simon Brouwer

Please have a look at
http://www.joewein.net/blog/2008/12/08/domain-registration-scam-in-china/

If registration of those names is considered of importance then I would
suggest to try registering them with the usual registrar instead.

Best regards
Simon

--
Vriendelijke groet,

Simon Brouwer
-*- nl.openoffice.org -*- http://www.opentaal.org -*-

Re: Domain Registration Notice For openoffice

Anvay Lonkar
+1

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Simon Brouwer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please have a look at
> http://www.joewein.net/blog/2008/12/08/domain-registration-scam-in-china/
>
> If registration of those names is considered of importance then I would
> suggest to try registering them with the usual registrar instead.
>
> Best regards
> Simon
>

> Ian Ge schreef:
> > (It's very urgent, Please transfer this email to your CEO or appropriate
> > person, Thanks)
> >
> > Dear CEO/Principal,
> > This is Ian Ge---Senior Consultant of domain name registration and
> > solution center in china. have something to confirm with you. We formally
> > received an application on January 18, 2011, one company which
> self-styled
> > "Evay Investment Corp" were applying to register "openoffice" as Network
> > Brand and following domain names:
> >  openoffice.com.hk
> >  openoffice.org.cn
> > After our initial checking, we found the name were similar to your
> > company's, so we need to check with you whether your company has
> > authorized that company to register these names. If you authorized this,
> > we will finish the registration at once. If you did not authorize, please
> > let us know within 7 workdays, so that we will handle this issue better.
> > Out of the time limit we will unconditionally finish the registration for
> > "Evay Investment Corp".
> >

> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Ian Ge
> > Tel: +86-551-5223-174 || Fax: +86-551-5223-175
> > 10/F,Jindi International Building,No.588 MaAnshan South Road,Baohe
> > District,Heifei,China.
> >

> --
> Vriendelijke groet,
>
> Simon Brouwer
> -*- nl.openoffice.org -*- http://www.opentaal.org -*-

Re: Domain Registration Notice For openoffice

Jean Hollis Weber-3
Afaik these guys are a scam. I've run into them before. Several of my
own domain names (which are unimportant, unlike OOo) have received
similar notes. I've read about them too. --Jean

On Tuesday, January 18, 2011, Anvay Lonkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Simon Brouwer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please have a look at
>> http://www.joewein.net/blog/2008/12/08/domain-registration-scam-in-china/
>>
>> If registration of those names is considered of importance then I would
>> suggest to try registering them with the usual registrar instead.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Simon
>>

>> Ian Ge schreef:
>> > (It's very urgent, Please transfer this email to your CEO or appropriate
>> > person, Thanks)
>> >
>> > Dear CEO/Principal,
>> > This is Ian Ge---Senior Consultant of domain name registration and
>> > solution center in china. have something to confirm with you. We formally
>> > received an application on January 18, 2011, one company which
>> self-styled
>> > "Evay Investment Corp" were applying to register "openoffice" as Network
>> > Brand and following domain names:
>> >  openoffice.com.hk
>> >  openoffice.org.cn
>> > After our initial checking, we found the name were similar to your
>> > company's, so we need to check with you whether your company has
>> > authorized that company to register these names. If you authorized this,
>> > we will finish the registration at once. If you did not authorize, please
>> > let us know within 7 workdays, so that we will handle this issue better.
>> > Out of the time limit we will unconditionally finish the registration for
>> > "Evay Investment Corp".
>> >

>> > Best Regards,
>> >
>> > Ian Ge
>> > Tel: +86-551-5223-174 || Fax: +86-551-5223-175
>> > 10/F,Jindi International Building,No.588 MaAnshan South Road,Baohe
>> > District,Heifei,China.
>> >

>> --
>> Vriendelijke groet,
>>
>> Simon Brouwer
>> -*- nl.openoffice.org -*- http://www.opentaal.org -*-

Re: Domain Registration Notice For openoffice

Peter Junge-2
Hi Simon,

On 01/18/2011 08:58 PM, Simon Brouwer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please have a look at
> http://www.joewein.net/blog/2008/12/08/domain-registration-scam-in-china/

Indeed it's a scam. Thanks for pointing this out.

> If registration of those names is considered of importance then I would
> suggest to try registering them with the usual registrar instead.

Will check how this can be done.

Best regards,
Peter