[marketing] EUSPRIG - Interesting event to have a presence

[marketing] EUSPRIG - Interesting event to have a presence

Alexandro Colorado-3
This is an interesting event that OOo could play a big roll and
participation on the future of spreadsheets.

http://www.eusprig.org/annual-conference.htm

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: EUSPRIG - Interesting event to have a presence

Peter Junge-2
Hi Alexandro,

On 02/18/2011 05:04 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> This is an interesting event that OOo could play a big roll and
> participation on the future of spreadsheets.
>
> http://www.eusprig.org/annual-conference.htm

thanks for pointing this out. I have been briefly reading through some
of the articles and the scope of that conference seems to be fundamental
research about "what can go wrong while using spreadsheets", residing
somewhere between user experience and development. While I agree, that
it's really interesting for OOo to participate, I doubt that the
Marketing Project is an adequate realm. What do you think?

best regards,
Peter

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Peter Junge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alexandro,
>
> On 02/18/2011 05:04 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> > This is an interesting event that OOo could play a big roll and
> > participation on the future of spreadsheets.
> >
> > http://www.eusprig.org/annual-conference.htm
> >

> thanks for pointing this out. I have been briefly reading through some
> of the articles and the scope of that conference seems to be fundamental
> research about "what can go wrong while using spreadsheets", residing
> somewhere between user experience and development. While I agree, that
> it's really interesting for OOo to participate, I doubt that the
> Marketing Project is an adequate realm. What do you think?

My idea was to do the internal communication to the calc team. this was a
tweet from the event's account to our OOo account. I just forward it to this
project because we will probably need to travel fund someone @ sc.OOo

> best regards,
> Peter

*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español
http://es.openoffice.org

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Alexandro Colorado <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Peter Junge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alexandro,
>>
>> On 02/18/2011 05:04 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>> > This is an interesting event that OOo could play a big roll and
>> > participation on the future of spreadsheets.
>> >
>> > http://www.eusprig.org/annual-conference.htm
>> >

>> thanks for pointing this out. I have been briefly reading through some
>> of the articles and the scope of that conference seems to be fundamental
>> research about "what can go wrong while using spreadsheets", residing
>> somewhere between user experience and development. While I agree, that
>> it's really interesting for OOo to participate, I doubt that the
>> Marketing Project is an adequate realm. What do you think?
>>

> My idea was to do the internal communication to the calc team. this was a
> tweet from the event's account to our OOo account. I just forward it to this
> project because we will probably need to travel fund someone @ sc.OOo

we can also attract researchers a.k.a. developers.

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español
http://es.openoffice.org

On 02/19/2011 12:59 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Peter Junge <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Alexandro,
>
>     On 02/18/2011 05:04 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>     > This is an interesting event that OOo could play a big roll and
>     > participation on the future of spreadsheets.
>     >
>     > http://www.eusprig.org/annual-conference.htm
>     >
>
>     thanks for pointing this out. I have been briefly reading through some
>     of the articles and the scope of that conference seems to be fundamental
>     research about "what can go wrong while using spreadsheets", residing
>     somewhere between user experience and development. While I agree, that
>     it's really interesting for OOo to participate, I doubt that the
>     Marketing Project is an adequate realm. What do you think?
>

> My idea was to do the internal communication to the calc team. this was
> a tweet from the event's account to our OOo account. I just forward it
> to this project because we will probably need to travel fund someone @
> sc.OOo

OK, I get it now. AFAIK there's also a developer budget, but we can
figure that out as funding requests arise.

Peter