[marketing] Goals for OOo

Johannes A. Bodwing
Hello,

I don't know is this an english speaking list or not.
I'm looking for the goals of OOo. All I've found is from 2004
(http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Strategic_Marketing_Plan#Goals).
Are there newer goals, or is a discussion on the way about future goals
and strategies for OOo?

Where can I find such Information?

Greetings,
Johannes

Re: Goals for OOo

Alexandro Colorado-3
On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Johannes A. Bodwing <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know is this an english speaking list or not.
> I'm looking for the goals of OOo. All I've found is from 2004
> (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Strategic_Marketing_Plan#Goals).
> Are there newer goals, or is a discussion on the way about future goals and
> strategies for OOo?

yes there are, but we still need to resume the talks from this year OOoCon.

> Where can I find such Information?
>
> Greetings,
> Johannes

Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org EspaƱol
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: Goals for OOo

Peter Junge-2
Hello Johannes,

On 01/01/2011 06:23 AM, Johannes A. Bodwing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know is this an english speaking list or not.

It's indeed an English list.

> I'm looking for the goals of OOo. All I've found is from 2004
> (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Strategic_Marketing_Plan#Goals).
> Are there newer goals, or is a discussion on the way about future goals
> and strategies for OOo?

We have been kicking-off the work on the new SMP at the OOoCon in
Budapest. Unfortunately, the session was badly prepared by me and
Florian, as we had many other things to do related to the event. In the
following Florian quit and I had a couple of unforeseen personal
obstacles, hence the progress had stuck. We'll continue soon.

> Where can I find such Information?

Some initial information are at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Strategic_Marketing_Plan_2010

If you are subscribed to this list, you should be able to follow further
progress.

Best regards,
Peter