[marketing] birthday cake

Louis Suárez-Potts
I'd like to focus attention on a fairly urgent matter. Specifically, the "baking" of the traditional cake, this time with 10 candles, to represent our 10th anniversary. OOo celebrated this birthday in Budapest last month, and there were even (coincidental, to be sure) fireworks and a huge cake, thanks to Rosana and Péter's team. It was, for all there and for those who could view the pictures, a lot of fun.

The tenth birthday, though, is actually 12 October. In the past, the community composed of the Website team (which I used to lead) and the Marketing/Art teams made the image.  Obviously, there has been considerable discussion on related issues. But this is quite simple. We need a cake (or at least want one) and we need for it to do what birthday cakes always do: be pretty and show that there is some grace left in life for now and in the future.

best,
Louis

Re: birthday cake

Kazunari Hirano
Hi Louis,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The tenth birthday, though, is actually 12 October.

You mean 13 October?
http://www.openoffice.org/about_us/milestones.html

Thanks,
khirano
--
Kazunari Hirano - Marketing Project Coordinator - OpenOffice.org
Japanese Language Project

Re: birthday cake

Louis Suárez-Potts
Whoops.
:-)
louis

On 2010-10-07, at 12:19 , Kazunari Hirano wrote:

> Hi Louis,
>
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The tenth birthday, though, is actually 12 October.
>
> You mean 13 October?
> http://www.openoffice.org/about_us/milestones.html
>
> Thanks,
> khirano
> --
> Kazunari Hirano - Marketing Project Coordinator - OpenOffice.org
> Japanese Language Project
> http://ja.openoffice.org/

Re: birthday cake

Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi Louis,

Louis Suárez-Potts schrieb:
> I'd like to focus attention on a fairly urgent matter. Specifically,
> the "baking" of the traditional cake, this time with 10 candles, to
> represent our 10th anniversary. [...]  In the past, the
> community composed of the Website team (which I used to lead) and the
> Marketing/Art teams made the image. [...]
> We need a cake (or at least want one) and we need for it to do what
> birthday cakes always do: be pretty and show that there is some grace
> left in life for now and in the future.

The past logo was allowed to be combined with images like the cakes:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Logo_bcake_9th.png

For the new logo we've been told that it is necessary to define a
minimal white space around it (discussion not yet finished, but probably
half the height of the "O" for community internal use). there was a
consensus in the branding team that seasonal logos for the website are
the least important ones and therefore should not be supported.

If there is any different decision, please let me know.

Linked to the image of the 9th birthday at the wiki there is sthe SVG
source with the cake and candles.

It doesn't take too much work to add another candle and move the others
around to make it look decent...

Best regards

Bernhard

Re: birthday cake

Rosana Ardila
Hi Bernhard,

We can still have a cake withouth the logo, just with the symbol. Here's
an example:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png

Or we can find good pictures of the cake at the OOoCon, this one would
need to be cropped and the candles are missing:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png

What do you think?

Regards,
Rosana

Bernhard Dippold wrote:

> Hi Louis,
>
> Louis Suárez-Potts schrieb:
>> I'd like to focus attention on a fairly urgent matter. Specifically,
>> the "baking" of the traditional cake, this time with 10 candles, to
>> represent our 10th anniversary. [...]  In the past, the
>> community composed of the Website team (which I used to lead) and the
>> Marketing/Art teams made the image. [...]
>> We need a cake (or at least want one) and we need for it to do what
>> birthday cakes always do: be pretty and show that there is some grace
>> left in life for now and in the future.
>
> The past logo was allowed to be combined with images like the cakes:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Logo_bcake_9th.png
>
> For the new logo we've been told that it is necessary to define a
> minimal white space around it (discussion not yet finished, but
> probably half the height of the "O" for community internal use). there
> was a consensus in the branding team that seasonal logos for the
> website are the least important ones and therefore should not be
> supported.
>
> If there is any different decision, please let me know.
>
> Linked to the image of the 9th birthday at the wiki there is sthe SVG
> source with the cake and candles.
>
> It doesn't take too much work to add another candle and move the
> others around to make it look decent...
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard

<http://www.oracle.com/>
Rosana Ardila Biela | Marketing Manager
Phone: +49 (0)40 23 646 722
Oracle Office

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande

Re: birthday cake

Rosana Ardila
Hi,

the second link was wrong, here's the right one:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/8/86/OOoCon_cake.JPG

Regards,
Rosana

Rosana Ardila wrote:

> Hi Bernhard,
>
> We can still have a cake withouth the logo, just with the symbol.
> Here's an example:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png
>
> Or we can find good pictures of the cake at the OOoCon, this one would
> need to be cropped and the candles are missing:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
> Rosana
>

> Bernhard Dippold wrote:
>> Hi Louis,
>>
>> Louis Suárez-Potts schrieb:
>>> I'd like to focus attention on a fairly urgent matter. Specifically,
>>> the "baking" of the traditional cake, this time with 10 candles, to
>>> represent our 10th anniversary. [...]  In the past, the
>>> community composed of the Website team (which I used to lead) and the
>>> Marketing/Art teams made the image. [...]
>>> We need a cake (or at least want one) and we need for it to do what
>>> birthday cakes always do: be pretty and show that there is some grace
>>> left in life for now and in the future.
>>
>> The past logo was allowed to be combined with images like the cakes:
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Logo_bcake_9th.png
>>
>> For the new logo we've been told that it is necessary to define a
>> minimal white space around it (discussion not yet finished, but
>> probably half the height of the "O" for community internal use).
>> there was a consensus in the branding team that seasonal logos for
>> the website are the least important ones and therefore should not be
>> supported.
>>
>> If there is any different decision, please let me know.
>>
>> Linked to the image of the 9th birthday at the wiki there is sthe SVG
>> source with the cake and candles.
>>
>> It doesn't take too much work to add another candle and move the
>> others around to make it look decent...
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Bernhard

Re: [OT] birthday cake

Samphan Raruenrom-2
  Just to show-off, this is our real OpenOffice.org birthday cake,
posted to the facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=165650950114082
and the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVIfW92XzBA for the event :)

On 10/8/2010 1:07 PM, Rosana Ardila wrote:

> Hi Bernhard,
>
> We can still have a cake withouth the logo, just with the symbol.
> Here's an example:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png
>
> Or we can find good pictures of the cake at the OOoCon, this one would
> need to be cropped and the candles are missing:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
> Rosana
>

> Bernhard Dippold wrote:
>> Hi Louis,
>>
>> Louis Suárez-Potts schrieb:
>>> I'd like to focus attention on a fairly urgent matter. Specifically,
>>> the "baking" of the traditional cake, this time with 10 candles, to
>>> represent our 10th anniversary. [...]  In the past, the
>>> community composed of the Website team (which I used to lead) and the
>>> Marketing/Art teams made the image. [...]
>>> We need a cake (or at least want one) and we need for it to do what
>>> birthday cakes always do: be pretty and show that there is some grace
>>> left in life for now and in the future.
>>
>> The past logo was allowed to be combined with images like the cakes:
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Logo_bcake_9th.png
>>
>> For the new logo we've been told that it is necessary to define a
>> minimal white space around it (discussion not yet finished, but
>> probably half the height of the "O" for community internal use).
>> there was a consensus in the branding team that seasonal logos for
>> the website are the least important ones and therefore should not be
>> supported.
>>
>> If there is any different decision, please let me know.
>>
>> Linked to the image of the 9th birthday at the wiki there is sthe SVG
>> source with the cake and candles.
>>
>> It doesn't take too much work to add another candle and move the
>> others around to make it look decent...
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Bernhard

_/|\_ /Samphan Raruenrom./  Osdev - Open Source Development Co., Ltd.
/???????? ??????????./  ????????? - ?????? ?????????????????????? ?????
tel: +66 2 269 9889  web: osdev.co.th <http://www.osdev.co.th/>
twitter: @osdev <http://twitter.com/osdev>  facebook: facebook.com/osdev
<http://www.facebook.com/osdev>

Re: [OT] birthday cake

Rosana Ardila
Wow, this is really really great!

Sorry for crossposting, but website-team: is there any chance to get
this video embedded on openoffice.org?

I'd be glad to see as many cakes as possible.

Regards,
Rosana

Samphan Raruenrom wrote:

>  Just to show-off, this is our real OpenOffice.org birthday cake,
> posted to the facebook page
> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=165650950114082
> and the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVIfW92XzBA for the event :)
>
> On 10/8/2010 1:07 PM, Rosana Ardila wrote:
>> Hi Bernhard,
>>
>> We can still have a cake withouth the logo, just with the symbol.
>> Here's an example:
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png
>>
>> Or we can find good pictures of the cake at the OOoCon, this one
>> would need to be cropped and the candles are missing:
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rosana
>>

>> Bernhard Dippold wrote:
>>> Hi Louis,

>>> The past logo was allowed to be combined with images like the cakes:
>>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Logo_bcake_9th.png
>>>
>>> For the new logo we've been told that it is necessary to define a
>>> minimal white space around it (discussion not yet finished, but
>>> probably half the height of the "O" for community internal use).
>>> there was a consensus in the branding team that seasonal logos for
>>> the website are the least important ones and therefore should not be
>>> supported.
>>>
>>> If there is any different decision, please let me know.
>>>
>>> Linked to the image of the 9th birthday at the wiki there is sthe
>>> SVG source with the cake and candles.
>>>
>>> It doesn't take too much work to add another candle and move the
>>> others around to make it look decent...
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Bernhard

Re: [OT] birthday cake

Christoph Noack-3
HI everyone,

I have to second Rosanas statement - the video is truly great! And also
the nice background "graphic" :-))) Perfect!

Cheers,
Christoph

Am Freitag, den 08.10.2010, 14:37 +0200 schrieb Rosana Ardila:

> Wow, this is really really great!
>
> Sorry for crossposting, but website-team: is there any chance to get
> this video embedded on openoffice.org?
>
> I'd be glad to see as many cakes as possible.
>
> Regards,
> Rosana
>
> Samphan Raruenrom wrote:
> >  Just to show-off, this is our real OpenOffice.org birthday cake,
> > posted to the facebook page
> > http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=165650950114082
> > and the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVIfW92XzBA for the event :)
> >
> > On 10/8/2010 1:07 PM, Rosana Ardila wrote:
> >> Hi Bernhard,
> >>
> >> We can still have a cake withouth the logo, just with the symbol.
> >> Here's an example:
> >> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png
> >>
> >> Or we can find good pictures of the cake at the OOoCon, this one
> >> would need to be cropped and the candles are missing:
> >> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png
> >>
> >> What do you think?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Rosana

Re: birthday cake

Bernhard Dippold-2
Hi Rosana,

Rosana Ardila schrieb:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> We can still have a cake withouth the logo, just with the symbol. Here's
> an example:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png

This one looks good - I'd vote for it ;-)

Best regards

Bernhard

Re: birthday cake

Volker Merschmann

2010/10/8 Rosana Ardila <[hidden email]>:
> We can still have a cake withouth the logo, just with the symbol. Here's an
> example:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png

This is the best, go for it!

(Videos may annoy people with slow connection)

Bye

Volker
--
++ Volker Merschmann - ODF-Software Contributor

Re: birthday cake

Rosana Ardila
Hi,

Kay Schenk did this mock-up for the website with the cake:
http://www.openoffice.org/index10yr.html

I think is very good!

Regards,
Rosana

Hi,

On 2010-10-11, at 07:37 , Rosana Ardila wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Kay Schenk did this mock-up for the website with the cake:
> http://www.openoffice.org/index10yr.html
>
> I think is very good!

I agree. Thanks, Kay!

> Regards,