meaning of classes

Ramón García Fernández
There are many base classes in the code of swriter that I am trying to understand. What is their function?

SwTxtAttr
SwFrm
SwCntntFrm
SwTxtFrm

It would be good if classes, or at least the most important ones, have a brief comment at the top stating their purpose and their relation with the rest of the code.

Thanks.

Aviso legal – Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores

Este mensaje y, en su caso, los ficheros que lleve incorporados, está dirigido exclusivamente a su destinatario y es de carácter confidencial. Si fuere recibido por error o se tuviere conocimiento del mismo sin ser su destinatario, rogamos nos lo comunique por la misma vía o telefónicamente (91 585 15 00) y proceda a su destrucción, debiendo abstenerse de utilizar, transmitir, divulgar o  reproducir la información contenida en el mismo. La CNMV se reserva las acciones legales que procedan contra todo tercero que acceda de forma ilegítima al contenido de cualquier mensaje externo procedente de la entidad

Para información y consultas visite nuestra web: http://www.cnmv.es

Disclaimer - Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores

This message, its content and any file attached thereto is for the intended recipient only and is confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error or had access to it, you should note that the information in it is private and any use thereof is unauthorised. In such an event please notify us by e-mail or by telephone (+ 34 91 585 15 00). Any reproduction of this e-mail by whatsoever means and any transmission or dissemination thereof to other persons is prohibited. The Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores reserves the right to take legal action against any persons unlawfully gaining access to the content of any external message it has emitted

For additional information, please visit our website: http://www.cnmv.es

RE: meaning of classes

Ramón García Fernández
What is SfxPoolItem?

For additional information, please visit our website: http://www.cnmv.es

Re: meaning of classes

Niklas Nebel-2
On 07/16/10 18:16, Ramón García Fernández wrote:
> There are many base classes in the code of swriter that I am trying to understand. What is their function?
>
> SwTxtAttr
> SwFrm
> SwCntntFrm
> SwTxtFrm

Some of them are explained at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer/Core_And_Layout.

Niklas

RE: meaning of classes

Ramón García Fernández
Thanks.

On 07/16/10 18:16, Ramón García Fernández wrote:
> There are many base classes in the code of swriter that I am trying to understand. What is their function?
>
> SwTxtAttr
> SwFrm
> SwCntntFrm
> SwTxtFrm

Some of them are explained at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer/Core_And_Layout.

Niklas

Aviso legal – Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores

Este mensaje y, en su caso, los ficheros que lleve incorporados, está dirigido exclusivamente a su destinatario y es de carácter confidencial. Si fuere recibido por error o se tuviere conocimiento del mismo sin ser su destinatario, rogamos nos lo comunique por la misma vía o telefónicamente (91 585 15 00) y proceda a su destrucción, debiendo abstenerse de utilizar, transmitir, divulgar o  reproducir la información contenida en el mismo. La CNMV se reserva las acciones legales que procedan contra todo tercero que acceda de forma ilegítima al contenido de cualquier mensaje externo procedente de la entidad

Para información y consultas visite nuestra web: http://www.cnmv.es

Disclaimer - Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores

This message, its content and any file attached thereto is for the intended recipient only and is confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error or had access to it, you should note that the information in it is private and any use thereof is unauthorised. In such an event please notify us by e-mail or by telephone (+ 34 91 585 15 00). Any reproduction of this e-mail by whatsoever means and any transmission or dissemination thereof to other persons is prohibited. The Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores reserves the right to take legal action against any persons unlawfully gaining access to the content of any external message it has emitted

For additional information, please visit our website: http://www.cnmv.es

Re: meaning of classes

Michael Stahl-5
On 16/07/2010 19:08, Niklas Nebel wrote:

> On 07/16/10 18:16, Ramón García Fernández wrote:
>> There are many base classes in the code of swriter that I am trying to understand. What is their function?
>>
>> SwTxtAttr
>> SwFrm
>> SwCntntFrm
>> SwTxtFrm
>
> Some of them are explained at
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer/Core_And_Layout.
>
> Niklas

yes, that is probably the best writer developer documentation that
currently exists.

there are some more (i've moved everything from the sw website to the Wiki
some months ago):
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Category:Writer/CoreDoc

but the other ones (except for the "TextFormatting") are not that useful.

unfortunately there is a severe shortage of code documentation for the
writer.  most of the code is from the 90s, and most of the original
authors are long gone.  a lot of the in-line comments are in German, and
quite a few are outdated and no longer correct.  this is a big problem
that slows down development a lot.

regards,
 michael

--
"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees."
 -- William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell",