[moderated]Which version should I download

[moderated]Which version should I download

Valerie Corpes
Hi,
I have an Apple Mac G5 computer and I am new to using Apple products.
Have many years experience of conventional PC use and used to teach
Word Processing (am now retired) in DOS and Windows so I am not an
absolute beginner to computers.   I used MS Office previously but a
fairly old version (about 1998 I think).  I've been recommended to
download Open Office.ort for Mac but don't know whether to choose
version 2.0 or version 1.1.2.   Can you advise please.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Val Corpes

Re: [moderated]Which version should I download

Paul
Definitely Version 2.0...

/paul

On 11/16/05, Valerie Corpes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an Apple Mac G5 computer and I am new to using Apple products.
> Have many years experience of conventional PC use and used to teach
> Word Processing (am now retired) in DOS and Windows so I am not an
> absolute beginner to computers.   I used MS Office previously but a
> fairly old version (about 1998 I think).  I've been recommended to
> download Open Office.ort for Mac but don't know whether to choose
> version 2.0 or version 1.1.2.   Can you advise please.
>
> Many thanks in anticipation.
> Val Corpes

Re: [moderated]Which version should I download

Andrew Fisk
Try NeoOffice at www.neooffice.org -- it is a much more "maclike"
version of Open Office and a much easier install.

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street
Suite 202
Sewickley, PA 15143
Phone (412) 749-0162
Fax: (412) 749-0203
[hidden email]
www.spitcomp.com

On Nov 15, 2005, at 7:16 AM, Valerie Corpes wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an Apple Mac G5 computer and I am new to using Apple
> products.   Have many years experience of conventional PC use and
> used to teach Word Processing (am now retired) in DOS and Windows
> so I am not an absolute beginner to computers.   I used MS Office
> previously but a fairly old version (about 1998 I think).  I've
> been recommended to download Open Office.ort for Mac but don't know
> whether to choose version 2.0 or version 1.1.2.   Can you advise
> please.
>
> Many thanks in anticipation.
> Val Corpes

Re: [moderated]Which version should I download

Andrew Fisk
And then install X11 from your System DVD -- while 2.0 works well, I
am still using Neo Office for day to day stuff just because it works
like a Mac application.

Thanks