[moderated] mail merge

Jenny Rickards
Hello,
I've only just downloaded Open Office 2 a few days ago so I'm new and
maybe the query has been handled in the tutorials - I just can't find
it. Where I do a mail merge from a Calc spreadsheet to Writer and I want
multiple records on the one page as in labels or a catalogue, I need to
insert the next record field. My problem is that even when I have the
program in show hidden characters mode I still can't tell whether or not
I have already entered the next record field or the record number field
so I can end up missing them or putting them in twice.. is there a way
of showing an icon or marker or something so that I know when I have
already inserted those fields?
regards and thanks

--
Jenny Rickards
www.sculptorsvictoria.asn.au/sculptartistrickards.htm

Re: [moderated] mail merge

CPHennessy
On Mon December 5 2005 09:08, + Jenny Rickards wrote:

>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> Hello,
> I've only just downloaded Open Office 2 a few days ago so I'm new and
> maybe the query has been handled in the tutorials - I just can't find
> it. Where I do a mail merge from a Calc spreadsheet to Writer and I want
> multiple records on the one page as in labels or a catalogue, I need to
> insert the next record field. My problem is that even when I have the
> program in show hidden characters mode I still can't tell whether or not
> I have already entered the next record field or the record number field
> so I can end up missing them or putting them in twice.. is there a way
> of showing an icon or marker or something so that I know when I have
> already inserted those fields?

View -> "Field Names" may help.
Also use "Tools" -> "Mail Merge" and select your Calc file as the source of
your data.

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: [moderated] mail merge thank you

Jenny Rickards
thank you so much - I knew I must have been missing something