[moderated]

debbie mentzer
Good morning,

I am working on an openoffice document in English but when I emailed the document to a person I am working on it with, he opens it and it is in either Japanese or Chinese on his computer. Do I need to reset the language choice on my computer? If so ----how do I go about making the change?
Thank you for your help----I just started using Open Office last week so I am not very familiar with it yet.
Debbie

Re: [moderated]

CPHennessy
On Mon November 7 2005 14:43, + debbie mentzer wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
> Good morning,
>
> I am working on an openoffice document in English but when I emailed the
> document to a person I am working on it with, he opens it and it is in
> either Japanese or Chinese on his computer. Do I need to reset the language
> choice on my computer? If so ----how do I go about making the change? Thank
> you for your help----I just started using Open Office last week so I am not
> very familiar with it yet. Debbie

This sounds like a really strange problem.
What version of OpenOffice.org are you using ?
And the other person ?
And does the other person use the same fonts as you ?

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: [moderated]

Dan Lewis-6
On Monday 07 November 2005 08:43 am, debbie mentzer wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I am working on an openoffice document in English but when I emailed the
> document to a person I am working on it with, he opens it and it is in
> either Japanese or Chinese on his computer. Do I need to reset the language
> choice on my computer? If so ----how do I go about making the change? Thank
> you for your help----I just started using Open Office last week so I am not
> very familiar with it yet. Debbie

     You have received another reply about fonts that might be helpful. Does
he also have OpenOffice.org on his computer? If he does not, did you save the
file as a MS Word 97/2000/XP file type (*.doc) first before you sent him the
file?

Dan