[moderated]

Lee May
    Greetings. Please tell me how to prevent OpenOffice from opening Word documents. My first use of OpenOffice tells me I'll be happy with this program, but I want to keep the two writing programs (Word and OpenOffice) separate.

Thanks, much,
Lee May

Re: [moderated]

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 21:58 -0500, Lee May wrote:
>     Greetings. Please tell me how to prevent OpenOffice from opening Word documents. My first use of OpenOffice tells me I'll be happy with this program, but I want to keep the two writing programs (Word and OpenOffice) separate.
>
> Thanks, much,
> Lee May

I think you chose to associate OOo with all MSO documents when you
installed. The default install does NOT change associations. Since you
have done this, please see
http://documentation.openoffice.org/faqs/various_topics/016.html for a
method to correct your original actions.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
http://documentation.openoffice.org/

Re: [moderated]

Andrew Fisk
Right click on the document and select open with -- and pick MS word

Thanks

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street
Suite 202
Sewickley, PA 15143
Phone (412) 749-0162
Fax: (412) 749-0203
[hidden email]
www.spitcomp.com

On Nov 15, 2005, at 9:58 PM, Lee May wrote:

>     Greetings. Please tell me how to prevent OpenOffice from
> opening Word documents. My first use of OpenOffice tells me I'll be
> happy with this program, but I want to keep the two writing
> programs (Word and OpenOffice) separate.
>
> Thanks, much,
> Lee May

Re: [moderated]

Caleb Marcus
Lee May wrote:
>     Greetings. Please tell me how to prevent OpenOffice from opening Word documents. My first use of OpenOffice tells me I'll be happy with this program, but I want to keep the two writing programs (Word and OpenOffice) separate.
>
> Thanks, much,
> Lee May

If you install it on Windows (which you use, since you are writing this
in Outlook Express), it will ask you in the installation whether you
want to "associate" Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint
presentations in OpenOffice.org. If you chose to do that, there's a way
to reverse it. For information on this topic go to

Lee May wrote:
>     Greetings. Please tell me how to prevent OpenOffice from opening Word documents. My first use of OpenOffice tells me I'll be happy with this program, but I want to keep the two writing programs (Word and OpenOffice) separate.
>
> Thanks, much,
> Lee May

If you install it on Windows (which you use, since you are writing this
in Outlook Express), it will ask you in the installation whether you
want to "associate" Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint
presentations in OpenOffice.org. If you chose to do that, there's a way
to reverse it. For information on this topic go to
http://documentation.openoffice.org/faqs/various_topics/016.html

Re: [moderated]

Dan Lewis-6
On Tuesday 15 November 2005 08:58 pm, Lee May wrote:
>     Greetings. Please tell me how to prevent OpenOffice from opening Word
> documents. My first use of OpenOffice tells me I'll be happy with this
> program, but I want to keep the two writing programs (Word and OpenOffice)
> separate.
>
> Thanks, much,
> Lee May

     Open Help. Enter "File Associations in the Search box of the Index tab.
It will explain how to change them so that Word will open *.doc files when
they are double clicked.

Dan