[moderated]

JECasale
Hi,

I would like to know if openoffice will give me access to Microsoft  EXCEL

I had my computer cleaned and I'm putting my programs back.

Please let me know.

John

Re: [moderated]

Keith Bates-2
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:24:04 EST
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if openoffice will give me access to Microsoft
> EXCEL
> I had my computer cleaned and I'm putting my programs back.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> John

If you mean will it open spreadsheet files created by Excel, the answer
is yes!

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates
4 Mooloobar St
Narrabri NSW 2390

Phone: 02 67924890
Fax: 02 67925418

www.new-life.org.au

If you don't have a reason to live

JESUS IS THE ANSWER!

Ask him into your life today...
He really does make a difference.

Re: [moderated]

Andrew Fisk
You will have access to calc wich will opan and save excel files, but
if you want access to Microsoft Excel you will need to buy it.

This might be a silly question, but didn't your computer cleaners
back up your disk before cleaning?

Thanks

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street
Suite 202
Sewickley, PA 15143
Phone (412) 749-0162
Fax: (412) 749-0203
[hidden email]
www.spitcomp.com

On Nov 16, 2005, at 12:24 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if openoffice will give me access to
> Microsoft  EXCEL
>
> I had my computer cleaned and I'm putting my programs back.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> John

Re: [moderated]

Caleb Marcus
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if openoffice will give me access to Microsoft  EXCEL
>
> I had my computer cleaned and I'm putting my programs back.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> John

OpenOffice.org should open Microsoft Excel spreadsheets successfully
with its own spreadsheet program, Calc.

Re: [moderated]

Dan Lewis-6
On Wednesday 16 November 2005 11:24 am, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if openoffice will give me access to Microsoft  EXCEL
>
> I had my computer cleaned and I'm putting my programs back.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> John

     The answer is No and Yes. OpenOffice.org (Ooo) does Not contain
Microsoft's Excell (a spreadsheet program). OOo does contain Calc which is
also a spreadsheet program. It will read MS Excel files and will also write
files to that format. MS Excel uses VB for macros; OOo had its own language,
Star Basic.

Dan