[moderated]

goran-3
I am running windows 98 but I have no 98 office word. I have been given your net address can you help me get a down load of  97 or 98 word. I hope you can help thank you.

Re: [moderated]

Dan Lewis-6
On Monday 21 November 2005 01:54 am, goran wrote:
> I am running windows 98 but I have no 98 office word. I have been given
> your net address can you help me get a down load of  97 or 98 word. I hope
> you can help thank you.

     OpenOffice.org (OOo) is an office suite just like MS Office is. MS Word
is a word processing program. Writer is OOo's word processing program.
     If you want MS Word, you must got to Microsoft to get it. There are a
variety of stores which will sell you the program.
     You can download OOo without having to pay anyone. You can also legally
install it on as many computers as you desire. (See the OOo license that
comes as part of the downloaded file.)
     One warning, if you have dial-up access to the internet, it will take
several hours to download the 75 MB file.
     If you want to download the file (OOo_2.0.0_Win32Intel_install.exe), go
to http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.0/index.html. Select your language
(English), select your operating system [Windows (incl. JRE)], and your
download site (either Australian site should do). (The JRE is Java and is
needed for using the Wizards even in Writer. This will be an additional file
that is downloaded.) Both files will be *.exe files. Make sure you are
disconnected from the internet and all anti-virus software is turned off
while installing these two files. Otherwise you will have problems. Install
the JRE first and then OOo.

Dan

Re: [moderated]

Sigrid Kronenberger-2
Hi Goran,

"goran" <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:54:31
+1100:

> I am running windows 98 but I have no 98 office word. I have been
given your net address can you help me get a down load of  97 or 98
word. I hope you can help thank you.

Downloading Microsoft Word without having a proper license is illegal.
You can use instead OpenOffice.org, which is a free office-suite. The
module corresponding to Word is called "Writer", the part similar to
Excel is "Calc" and "Impress" is the name for the Power-Point
equivalent.

You can download OpenOffice.org for free, you can use it on as many
computers as you like and you have here a big audience, if you have some
questions about OpenOffice.org.

Give it a try.

Sigrid

Re: [moderated]

rspil
You may download OpenOffice. Look  at www.openoffice.org.

It is normal to install java. Look at the website of sun.
If your win98 is the "basic" one do not install java 1.5, but only a former version.
Robert

On Monday 21 November 2005 08:54, goran wrote:
> I am running windows 98 but I have no 98 office word. I have been given your net address can you help me get a down load of  97 or 98 word. I hope you can help thank you.

Re: [moderated]

CPHennessy
On Mon November 21 2005 07:54, + goran wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
> I am running windows 98 but I have no 98 office word. I have been given
> your net address can you help me get a down load of  97 or 98 word. I hope
> you can help thank you.

You can download the latest version of OpenOffice.org from
http://download.openoffice.org/ which you can use to open MSWord files, Excel
files, Powerpoint files and many others.

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ