need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Kay Schenk-2

Hello all--

The information on obtaining and using source code is outdated on the project site --

https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html

I've made changes and attached the .html conversion of my changed .mdtext file here. This is not committed yet.

I would appreciate some feedback before I commit this. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Kay 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Matthias Seidel

Hi Kay,

Am 06.02.20 um 21:12 schrieb Kay Schenk:

Hello all--

The information on obtaining and using source code is outdated on the project site --

https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html

Oh yes, this is very much needed. Thanks for taking that task!

I've made changes and attached the .html conversion of my changed .mdtext file here. This is not committed yet.

Unfortunately attachments are stripped on the mailing list.
Can you provide it through some other way?

Regards,

   Matthias

I would appreciate some feedback before I commit this. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Kay 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Patricia Shanahan
In reply to this post by Kay Schenk-2
I am planning to attempt a check out and build using the instructions.
I'll wait until the changes are committed, so my build serves as a test
case.

On 2/6/2020 12:12 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> Hello all--
>
> The information on obtaining and using source code is outdated on the
> project site --
>
> https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html
>
> I've made changes and attached the .html conversion of my changed
> .mdtext file here. This is not committed yet.
>
> I would appreciate some feedback before I commit this. Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Kay
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Kay Schenk-2
In reply to this post by Matthias Seidel

On 2/6/20 12:16 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:

>
> Hi Kay,
>
> Am 06.02.20 um 21:12 schrieb Kay Schenk:
>>
>> Hello all--
>>
>> The information on obtaining and using source code is outdated on the
>> project site --
>>
>> https://openoffice.apache.org/source.html
>>
> Oh yes, this is very much needed. Thanks for taking that task!
>>
>> I've made changes and attached the .html conversion of my changed
>> .mdtext file here. This is not committed yet.
>>
> Unfortunately attachments are stripped on the mailing list.
> Can you provide it through some other way?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
Hi Matthias --

Try here:

http://home.apache.org/~kschenk/AOO_project_site/source.html


>> I would appreciate some feedback before I commit this. Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Kay
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:[hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail:[hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 06/02/2020 Kay Schenk wrote:
> http://home.apache.org/~kschenk/AOO_project_site/source.html

Please go ahead and commit it. This is already better than the current
one. Then we may want to go through it (and especially remove any
references such as "as of August 2019": all we need to say is that this
is the current version).

But we can definitely refine it in iterations once it is online.

For example, we'll need to decide whether to list gitbox, or github, or
both (probably both).

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Matthias Seidel
Am 08.02.20 um 00:13 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> On 06/02/2020 Kay Schenk wrote:
>> http://home.apache.org/~kschenk/AOO_project_site/source.html
>
> Please go ahead and commit it. This is already better than the current
> one. Then we may want to go through it (and especially remove any
> references such as "as of August 2019": all we need to say is that
> this is the current version).
>
> But we can definitely refine it in iterations once it is online.
+1 (I only found a small typo: browswer)
>
> For example, we'll need to decide whether to list gitbox, or github,
> or both (probably both).

Better both (makes it easier for those that are already on GitHub)

Regards,

   Matthias

>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Kay Schenk-2
Thanks Andrea and Matthias. I'll fix the typo and get this committed over
the weekend.
I thought  gitbox was the "official" location for the repo but the
instructions for getting the source were nice and readable on github so
that's why both got referenced.

HTH

-- Kay

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020, 15:34 Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Am 08.02.20 um 00:13 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> > On 06/02/2020 Kay Schenk wrote:
> >> http://home.apache.org/~kschenk/AOO_project_site/source.html
> >
> > Please go ahead and commit it. This is already better than the current
> > one. Then we may want to go through it (and especially remove any
> > references such as "as of August 2019": all we need to say is that
> > this is the current version).
> >
> > But we can definitely refine it in iterations once it is online.
> +1 (I only found a small typo: browswer)
> >
> > For example, we'll need to decide whether to list gitbox, or github,
> > or both (probably both).
>
> Better both (makes it easier for those that are already on GitHub)
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Andrea.
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Yury
In reply to this post by Andrea Pescetti-2
Andrea Pescetti-2 wrote
> especially remove any
> references such as "as of August 2019"

Is this right? Those kind of refs won't needed only if there'll be no more
SVN access to (outdated) AOO. Otherwise it's a useful information.



--
Sent from: http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com/Development-f2916443.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Marcus (OOo)
In reply to this post by Andrea Pescetti-2
Am 08.02.20 um 00:13 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> On 06/02/2020 Kay Schenk wrote:
>> http://home.apache.org/~kschenk/AOO_project_site/source.html
>
> Please go ahead and commit it. This is already better than the current
> one. Then we may want to go through it (and especially remove any
> references such as "as of August 2019": all we need to say is that this
> is the current version).
>
> But we can definitely refine it in iterations once it is online.

yes, just commit your changes and we will see what needs to be adjusted.

Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Kay Schenk-2
All done ( I think). Some former aspects of the CMS seem to be missing
but my changes got published.

HTH

-- Kay


On 2/8/20 12:54 AM, Marcus wrote:

> Am 08.02.20 um 00:13 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> On 06/02/2020 Kay Schenk wrote:
>>> http://home.apache.org/~kschenk/AOO_project_site/source.html
>>
>> Please go ahead and commit it. This is already better than the
>> current one. Then we may want to go through it (and especially remove
>> any references such as "as of August 2019": all we need to say is
>> that this is the current version).
>>
>> But we can definitely refine it in iterations once it is online.
>
> yes, just commit your changes and we will see what needs to be adjusted.
>
> Marcus
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: need some feedback on source code page changes on project site...

Matthias Seidel
Hi Kay,

Am 09.02.20 um 21:02 schrieb Kay Schenk:
> All done ( I think). Some former aspects of the CMS seem to be missing
> but my changes got published.

The staging area isn't working anymore. This is related to the permanent
HTTPS redirection.
But I can see everything online now. Thanks!

Regards,

   Matthias

>
> HTH
>
> -- Kay
>
>
> On 2/8/20 12:54 AM, Marcus wrote:
>> Am 08.02.20 um 00:13 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>> On 06/02/2020 Kay Schenk wrote:
>>>> http://home.apache.org/~kschenk/AOO_project_site/source.html
>>>
>>> Please go ahead and commit it. This is already better than the
>>> current one. Then we may want to go through it (and especially
>>> remove any references such as "as of August 2019": all we need to
>>> say is that this is the current version).
>>>
>>> But we can definitely refine it in iterations once it is online.
>>
>> yes, just commit your changes and we will see what needs to be adjusted.
>>
>> Marcus
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>


smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Web pages 404

Michele Denber
On this page: https://www.openoffice.org/porting/index.html  there is a
reference to "a port to OpenSolaris (Sparc) by Adfinis SyGroup AG
(Nicolas Christener)":

http://adfinis-sygroup.ch/aoo-solaris-sparc/

But that page is 404 and should probably be removed (unless anyone knows
where it went).  Same for this link directly below that one:
http://www.opensolaris.org/

  I think I'm going to try building 4.1.7 in Solaris 11.4 SPARC myself.

             - Michele

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Web pages 404

Marcus (OOo)
Am 09.02.20 um 21:47 schrieb Michele Denber:

> On this page: https://www.openoffice.org/porting/index.html  there is a
> reference to "a port to OpenSolaris (Sparc) by Adfinis SyGroup AG
> (Nicolas Christener)":
>
> http://adfinis-sygroup.ch/aoo-solaris-sparc/
>
> But that page is 404 and should probably be removed (unless anyone knows
> where it went).  Same for this link directly below that one:
> http://www.opensolaris.org/
>
>   I think I'm going to try building 4.1.7 in Solaris 11.4 SPARC myself.

thanks for your hint.

I've removed the links for the Porting webpage.

Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]