need tech support

jonas joshua
Greetings,

When I insert page numbers in my headers, the numbers appear as desired.  When I turn the paper in, the word “page” appears before each number.  I do not want the word “page” to appear.  How do I prevent this?

-jonas

Re: need tech support

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 10:54:20 -0500
jonas joshua <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> When I insert page numbers in my headers, the numbers appear as desired.  When I turn the paper in, the word “page” appears before each number.  I do not want the word “page” to appear.  How do I prevent this?
>
> -jonas

Turn on /View /Field shading.  If only the number is highlighted, then simply delete the "page" from before it on one instance of each Page Style in use. /View /Field shading again will turn off the highlighted display of the field.

If the headers are showing "page number", use /View /Field names to return the display to the actual numbers.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>