network installation of OOo 2.0

Tony-34
Hi,

I've had a pile of windows XP machines using OOo 1.1.x from a network
install point for ages now using the "setup -net" install method. Now that
I'm looking at OOo 2.0 I'd like to make a new install point for that. I'm
not looking at upgrading the existing 1.x installations- I've already read
that that that is a bad idea.

However, if I do setup -net in an unpacked v2 install directory, it is no
longer a valid option. If I just run the install normally, I can install for
one user, or for every user on my own machine. There is no sign of the old
network install method.

Can someone confirm that it has really been killed off (sad if true), or
point me in the right direction as to how to do this now? I have been
through the FAQs and had a good google, but not found anything relevant.

--
Cheers,

Tony

Re: network installation of OOo 2.0

J-Marc Gervais
Tony a ?crit :
> However, if I do setup -net in an unpacked v2 install directory, it is no
> longer a valid option. If I just run the install normally, I can install for
> one user, or for every user on my own machine. There is no sign of the old
> network install method.

Perhaps you may have a look at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/setup_guide2/index.html ?

(I've not seen it yet)

--
JMG

RE: network installation of OOo 2.0

Justin Fitzgibbon
For some more advanced options such as silent network installs, or
Bypassing registration see
http://oooauthors.org/en/FAQs/faqinstall/faqinstall/32