new person

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

new person

Bartosz Bartczak
Hello developers,

I'm using OO and AOO very long time in IT Businesses.
I think I can "pay my debt" for what you have been doing for me through
the AOO program.

I don't know what a help we need but I think that can:
- testing "beta" version AOO for windows and Linux many distribution
like Archlinux, Debian, CentOS, maybe enough for this moment and Windows
10 too.
- I see that in distribution Archlinux don't working openoffice even as
a package from AUR repositories.

Example form this day:

$ yaourt -S openoffice

==> Downloading openoffice PKGBUILD from AUR...
x .SRCINFO
x PKGBUILD
kikislater commented on <a href="#comment-751939"
class="date">2020-06-19 05:25</a>

LordofNoob commented on <a href="#comment-752120"
class="date">2020-06-20 09:18</a>

kikislater commented on <a href="#comment-752377"
class="date">2020-06-22 05:11</a>

micwoj92 commented on <a href="#comment-774049" class="date">2020-11-05
08:32</a>

gameboy commented on <a href="#comment-779686" class="date">2020-12-08
13:06</a>

openoffice 4.1.7-1  (2019-10-17 11:05)
( Unsupported package: Potentially dangerous ! )
==> Edit PKGBUILD ? [Y/n] ("A" to abort)
==> ------------------------------------
==> n

==> openoffice dependencies:
 - freetype2 (already installed)
 - glibc>=2.5 (already installed)
 - gtk2>=2.10.4 (already installed)
 - hicolor-icon-theme (already installed)
 - desktop-file-utils (already installed)
 - shared-mime-info (already installed)


==> Continue building openoffice ? [Y/n]
==> ------------------------------------
==>
==> Building and installing package
==> Making package: openoffice 4.1.7-1 (Thu Dec 17 22:08:40 2020)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Downloading v4.1.7-x86_64...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time 
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left 
Speed
100   306  100   306    0     0   2528      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:--  2508
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:--     0
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
==> ERROR: Failure while downloading
http://apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.7/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.7_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build openoffice.
==> Restart building openoffice ? [y/N]
==> -----------------------------------
==> n

AUR see old version openoffice 4.1.7-1 not 4.1.8 and can't download
package from source to build.
If it is possible i Can start try help us like main as package
maintainer on Archlinux.
I was never before any package maintainer.

If you have any other task for me, I turn into ears.

Bartosz


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new person

Dave Fisher-2


> On Dec 17, 2020, at 1:16 PM, Bartosz Bartczak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello developers,
>
> I'm using OO and AOO very long time in IT Businesses.
> I think I can "pay my debt" for what you have been doing for me through
> the AOO program.
>
> I don't know what a help we need but I think that can:
> - testing "beta" version AOO for windows and Linux many distribution
> like Archlinux, Debian, CentOS, maybe enough for this moment and Windows
> 10 too.
> - I see that in distribution Archlinux don't working openoffice even as
> a package from AUR repositories.
>
> Example form this day:
>
> $ yaourt -S openoffice
>
> ==> Downloading openoffice PKGBUILD from AUR...
> x .SRCINFO
> x PKGBUILD
> kikislater commented on <a href="#comment-751939"
> class="date">2020-06-19 05:25</a>
>
> LordofNoob commented on <a href="#comment-752120"
> class="date">2020-06-20 09:18</a>
>
> kikislater commented on <a href="#comment-752377"
> class="date">2020-06-22 05:11</a>
>
> micwoj92 commented on <a href="#comment-774049" class="date">2020-11-05
> 08:32</a>
>
> gameboy commented on <a href="#comment-779686" class="date">2020-12-08
> 13:06</a>
>
> openoffice 4.1.7-1  (2019-10-17 11:05)
> ( Unsupported package: Potentially dangerous ! )
> ==> Edit PKGBUILD ? [Y/n] ("A" to abort)
> ==> ------------------------------------
> ==> n
>
> ==> openoffice dependencies:
>  - freetype2 (already installed)
>  - glibc>=2.5 (already installed)
>  - gtk2>=2.10.4 (already installed)
>  - hicolor-icon-theme (already installed)
>  - desktop-file-utils (already installed)
>  - shared-mime-info (already installed)
>
>
> ==> Continue building openoffice ? [Y/n]
> ==> ------------------------------------
> ==>
> ==> Building and installing package
> ==> Making package: openoffice 4.1.7-1 (Thu Dec 17 22:08:40 2020)
> ==> Checking runtime dependencies...
> ==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
> ==> Retrieving sources...
>   -> Downloading v4.1.7-x86_64...
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
> Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
> Speed
> 100   306  100   306    0     0   2528      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--  2508
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
> --:--:--     0
> curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
> ==> ERROR: Failure while downloading
> http://apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.7/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.7_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz

The url domain should be https://archive.apache.org <https://archive.apache.org/>

This is where old versions exist. New versions are there or at https://downloads.apache.org/openoffice/4.1.8/ <https://downloads.apache.org/openoffice/4.1.8/>...

Regards,
Dave

>     Aborting...
> ==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build openoffice.
> ==> Restart building openoffice ? [y/N]
> ==> -----------------------------------
> ==> n
>
> AUR see old version openoffice 4.1.7-1 not 4.1.8 and can't download
> package from source to build.
> If it is possible i Can start try help us like main as package
> maintainer on Archlinux.
> I was never before any package maintainer.
>
> If you have any other task for me, I turn into ears.
>
> Bartosz
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new person

Pedro Lino-4
In reply to this post by Bartosz Bartczak
Hi Bartosz

Welcome!

> On 12/17/2020 9:16 PM Bartosz Bartczak <[hidden email]> wrote:
 
> I'm using OO and AOO very long time in IT Businesses.
> I think I can "pay my debt" for what you have been doing for me through
> the AOO program.

There is no debt ;) but any help is very welcome!
 
> I don't know what a help we need but I think that can:
> - testing "beta" version AOO for windows and Linux many distribution
> like Archlinux, Debian, CentOS, maybe enough for this moment and Windows
> 10 too.

Testing on non-Debian based distros like ArchLinux is very welcome!

> If it is possible i Can start try help us like main as package
> maintainer on Archlinux.
> I was never before any package maintainer.

Yes, please!
 
> If you have any other task for me, I turn into ears.

You should be the one to find the items that you can help and that fulfill your needs and curiosity.

Best regards,
Pedro
(just another grateful user)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new person

Peter Kovacs-3
In reply to this post by Dave Fisher-2

On 17.12.20 22:26, Dave Fisher wrote:
>
>> On Dec 17, 2020, at 1:16 PM, Bartosz Bartczak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello developers,
>>
>> I'm using OO and AOO very long time in IT Businesses.
>> I think I can "pay my debt" for what you have been doing for me through
>> the AOO program.
All participation is appreciated.

>> I don't know what a help we need but I think that can:
>> - testing "beta" version AOO for windows and Linux many distribution
>> like Archlinux, Debian, CentOS, maybe enough for this moment and Windows
>> 10 too.
>> - I see that in distribution Archlinux don't working openoffice even as
>> a package from AUR repositories.
>>
>> Example form this day:
>>
>> $ yaourt -S openoffice
>>
>> ==> Downloading openoffice PKGBUILD from AUR...
>> x .SRCINFO
>> x PKGBUILD
>> kikislater commented on <a href="#comment-751939"
>> class="date">2020-06-19 05:25</a>
>>
>> LordofNoob commented on <a href="#comment-752120"
>> class="date">2020-06-20 09:18</a>
>>
>> kikislater commented on <a href="#comment-752377"
>> class="date">2020-06-22 05:11</a>
>>
>> micwoj92 commented on <a href="#comment-774049" class="date">2020-11-05
>> 08:32</a>
>>
>> gameboy commented on <a href="#comment-779686" class="date">2020-12-08
>> 13:06</a>
>>
>> openoffice 4.1.7-1  (2019-10-17 11:05)
>> ( Unsupported package: Potentially dangerous ! )
>> ==> Edit PKGBUILD ? [Y/n] ("A" to abort)
>> ==> ------------------------------------
>> ==> n
>>
>> ==> openoffice dependencies:
>>   - freetype2 (already installed)
>>   - glibc>=2.5 (already installed)
>>   - gtk2>=2.10.4 (already installed)
>>   - hicolor-icon-theme (already installed)
>>   - desktop-file-utils (already installed)
>>   - shared-mime-info (already installed)
>>
>>
>> ==> Continue building openoffice ? [Y/n]
>> ==> ------------------------------------
>> ==>
>> ==> Building and installing package
>> ==> Making package: openoffice 4.1.7-1 (Thu Dec 17 22:08:40 2020)
>> ==> Checking runtime dependencies...
>> ==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
>> ==> Retrieving sources...
>>    -> Downloading v4.1.7-x86_64...
>>    % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
>> Current
>>                                   Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
>> Speed
>> 100   306  100   306    0     0   2528      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
>> --:--:--  2508
>>    0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
>> --:--:--     0
>> curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
>> ==> ERROR: Failure while downloading
>> http://apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.7/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.7_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
> The url domain should be https://archive.apache.org <https://archive.apache.org/>
>
> This is where old versions exist. New versions are there or at https://downloads.apache.org/openoffice/4.1.8/ <https://downloads.apache.org/openoffice/4.1.8/>...

Ahh, Of course. I have been wondering what the issue is. Well I am
working on a package that uses SF.net again.

However the Package is abandoned, and I just taken the next step in
marking it orphaned in order to become the maintainer.

We will see. How that will be the outcome.


--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]