no secure connection

jim hoffmann
i cannot download open office 6.1.6 because safari cannot find secure connection to sourceforge.net. Can you help me?

Jim Hoffmann

Re: no secure connection

M Henri Day
Den sön 16 juni 2019 kl 10:44 skrev jim hoffmann <[hidden email]
>:

> i cannot download open office 6.1.6 because safari cannot find secure
> connection to sourceforge.net. Can you help me?
>
> Jim Hoffmann

Jim, have you tried downloading Apache Openoffice 4.16 from the website :
https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html ? If Safari doesn't cut it,
perhaps you could download and install a different web browser, for
example, Firefox ?...

Henri

Re: no secure connection

Rory O'Farrell
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 03:58:57 +0000 (UTC)
jim hoffmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i cannot download open office 6.1.6 because safari cannot find secure connection to sourceforge.net. Can you help me?
>
> Jim Hoffmann

This may be Apple Gatekeeper telling you that it is not an application from an Apple approved source.  I think details of what to do are given in

[url]https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491[/url]

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: no secure connection

jim hoffmann
Firefox worked. Thanks.

Jim Hoffmann

On Sunday, June 16, 2019, 12:23 PM, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

Den sön 16 juni 2019 kl 10:44 skrev jim hoffmann <[hidden email]
>:

> i cannot download open office 6.1.6 because safari cannot find secure
> connection to sourceforge.net. Can you help me?
>
> Jim Hoffmann

Jim, have you tried downloading Apache Openoffice 4.16 from the website :
https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html ? If Safari doesn't cut it,
perhaps you could download and install a different web browser, for
example, Firefox ?...

Henri

Re: no secure connection

M Henri Day
Den mån 17 juni 2019 kl 09:31 skrev jim hoffmann <[hidden email]
>:

> Firefox worked. Thanks.
>
> Jim Hoffmann
>
> On Sunday, June 16, 2019, 12:23 PM, M Henri Day <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Den sön 16 juni 2019 kl 10:44 skrev jim hoffmann
> <[hidden email]
> >:
>
> > i cannot download open office 6.1.6 because safari cannot find secure
> > connection to sourceforge.net. Can you help me?
> >
> > Jim Hoffmann
>

> Jim, have you tried downloading Apache Openoffice 4.16 from the website :
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html ? If Safari doesn't cut it,
> perhaps you could download and install a different web browser, for
> example, Firefox ?...
>
> Henri

Good to hear, Jim - thanks for the feedback !...

Henri