number one problem on Linux

Xen

number one problem on Linux

Xen
The number one problem with installing OpenOffice on e.g. Ubuntu (Linux)
is that it provides no files to integrate it with the menus of the
deskop environments.

(I am not subscribed).

Re: number one problem on Linux

jd1008

When I open the graphical file browser and I right-click on a .doc  file,
I get a menu that first offers to open the file with OpenOffice, plus other
choices.

On 09/03/2016 10:08 AM, Xen wrote:

> The number one problem with installing OpenOffice on e.g. Ubuntu
> (Linux) is that it provides no files to integrate it with the menus of
> the deskop environments.
>
> (I am not subscribed).

Re: number one problem on Linux

Hagar Delest
I CC you since you're not subscrived to the list.

Once you've installed the packages with dpkg (the easiest), just cd the desktop-integration folder (where are the debs) and dpkg again the deb.
See also: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=50119

Hagar