numbering book pages?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

numbering book pages?

Michael Coughlin
Open Office people:

I am trying to design a 100-page book using Open Office 4.1.6

For three days I have wrestled with various issues and seem to have most of
them worked out. However, I cannot get the page  numbering sequence to work
as I would like.  I have front matter that I would like numbered with Roman
numerals and a few pages later the rest of the book numbered with Arabic
numerals.  If needed, I can skip the first set of Roman numerals (though I
would prefer to have them), but every time I apply the footer numbers to
the later section of the text, the number starts with 13--which in fact it
is the 13th page, but I want the numbering to start there with 1.  What can
I do to correct this problem?

Thanks.

--
Mike Coughlin
Letterpress Book Publishing
website: letterpressbookpublishing.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: numbering book pages?

Peter Kovacs-3
This page here should give you a lead.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Page_numbering

Am 24. August 2020 05:02:22 MESZ schrieb Michael Coughlin <[hidden email]>:

>Open Office people:
>
>I am trying to design a 100-page book using Open Office 4.1.6
>
>For three days I have wrestled with various issues and seem to have
>most of
>them worked out. However, I cannot get the page  numbering sequence to
>work
>as I would like.  I have front matter that I would like numbered with
>Roman
>numerals and a few pages later the rest of the book numbered with
>Arabic
>numerals.  If needed, I can skip the first set of Roman numerals
>(though I
>would prefer to have them), but every time I apply the footer numbers
>to
>the later section of the text, the number starts with 13--which in fact
>it
>is the 13th page, but I want the numbering to start there with 1.  What
>can
>I do to correct this problem?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Mike Coughlin
>Letterpress Book Publishing
>website: letterpressbookpublishing.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: numbering book pages?

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 09:13:25 +0200
Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This page here should give you a lead.
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Page_numbering

Also, a useful overview of the use of OpenOffice Writer is given in

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Writer_for_Students

Rory

>
> Am 24. August 2020 05:02:22 MESZ schrieb Michael Coughlin <[hidden email]>:
> >Open Office people:
> >
> >I am trying to design a 100-page book using Open Office 4.1.6
> >
> >For three days I have wrestled with various issues and seem to have
> >most of
> >them worked out. However, I cannot get the page  numbering sequence to
> >work
> >as I would like.  I have front matter that I would like numbered with
> >Roman
> >numerals and a few pages later the rest of the book numbered with
> >Arabic
> >numerals.  If needed, I can skip the first set of Roman numerals
> >(though I
> >would prefer to have them), but every time I apply the footer numbers
> >to
> >the later section of the text, the number starts with 13--which in fact
> >it
> >is the 13th page, but I want the numbering to start there with 1.  What
> >can
> >I do to correct this problem?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >--
> >Mike Coughlin
> >Letterpress Book Publishing
> >website: letterpressbookpublishing.com


--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]