odt save error

Martin S-7
Apologies if this is a faq. I did a search on the messages I have, but came
up empty.

When saving a file as .odt I get two error messages regarding the process.
Common to both is mention of BASIC (

First: Error loading BASIC of document.Mentions script.xlb
Second: Same, mentions dialog.xlb
Both end with a general I/O error.

This only happens the first time in session. It still does create the file.

Regards,

Martin S

Re: odt save error

Caleb Marcus
Martin S wrote:

> Apologies if this is a faq. I did a search on the messages I have, but came
> up empty.
>
> When saving a file as .odt I get two error messages regarding the process.
> Common to both is mention of BASIC (
>
> First: Error loading BASIC of document.Mentions script.xlb
> Second: Same, mentions dialog.xlb
> Both end with a general I/O error.
>
> This only happens the first time in session. It still does create the file.
>

> Regards,
>
> Martin S

We need a bit more information. We don't know your operating system
(Windows, Mac, Linux) and what version you're running. It would also be
helpful to know whether you can open the file that's created or not.
This will help us figure out if it's a bug that's been reported or not.
However, I would try removing and reinstalling OpenOffice.org before
responding, because if there's a missing file, that should fix it.

Re: odt save error

Martin S-7
2005/11/18, Caleb Marcus <[hidden email]>:

> Martin S wrote:
> > Apologies if this is a faq. I did a search on the messages I have, but
> came
> > up empty.
> >
> > When saving a file as .odt I get two error messages regarding the
> process.
> > Common to both is mention of BASIC (
> >
> > First: Error loading BASIC of document.Mentions script.xlb
> > Second: Same, mentions dialog.xlb
> > Both end with a general I/O error.
> >
> > This only happens the first time in session. It still does create the
> file.
>
> We need a bit more information. We don't know your operating system
> (Windows, Mac, Linux) and what version you're running.

Linux localhost 2.6.9-gentoo-r6
Running Gentoo 2005.0 (I'm installing the binary package, as I don't have
the patience to wait for it to compile)
Version of OO is 2.0.0

It would also be
> helpful to know whether you can open the file that's created or not.

Yes, it's possible to open them. And they are saved with correct content.

This will help us figure out if it's a bug that's been reported or not.
> However, I would try removing and reinstalling OpenOffice.org before
> responding, because if there's a missing file, that should fix it.

Hm weird. I reemeged the package and now I can save files as odt without the
problem coming up. However, the configuration/installation script that runs
the first time OO2 is run displays these problems.

Regards,

Martin S

Re: odt save error

Jonathon Coombes
On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 23:42 -0500, Caleb Marcus wrote:

> Martin S wrote:
> > Apologies if this is a faq. I did a search on the messages I have, but came
> > up empty.
> >
> > When saving a file as .odt I get two error messages regarding the process.
> > Common to both is mention of BASIC (
> >
> > First: Error loading BASIC of document.Mentions script.xlb
> > Second: Same, mentions dialog.xlb
> > Both end with a general I/O error.
> >
> > This only happens the first time in session. It still does create the file.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Martin S
> >

> We need a bit more information. We don't know your operating system
> (Windows, Mac, Linux) and what version you're running. It would also be
> helpful to know whether you can open the file that's created or not.
> This will help us figure out if it's a bug that's been reported or not.
> However, I would try removing and reinstalling OpenOffice.org before
> responding, because if there's a missing file, that should fix it.

Hi Martin,

This is usually the case when you have a macro that you run in OOo,
and then you have upgraded to a newer version. The upgrade means
that your path has changed and therefor the paths relative to the
macro. Solution is to re-add all your macros, or you could copy the
files and modify the paths by hand, depending on what is easier
for you.

Regards
Jonathon
--
OOo Tips:               http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/tips.rss
OOo Knowledgebase:      http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au

Re: odt save error

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 05:30 +0100, Martin S wrote:

> Apologies if this is a faq. I did a search on the messages I have, but came
> up empty.
>
> When saving a file as .odt I get two error messages regarding the process.
> Common to both is mention of BASIC (
>
> First: Error loading BASIC of document.Mentions script.xlb
> Second: Same, mentions dialog.xlb
> Both end with a general I/O error.
>
> This only happens the first time in session. It still does create the file.
>

> Regards,
>
> Martin S

Please see the Troubleshooting chapter of
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/OOo2.x/user_guide2_draft.pdf
for correcting this problem. And, no, I do not know the cause.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead