open a single page document on the entire screen.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

open a single page document on the entire screen.

Merry Williams
Please Help:  When I open a new document, there are usually 12 pages
across, waiting for me to type.  A normal font of 12 or 14 is too tiny,
therefore reading is impossible unless I change the font to the 30's or
40's.
How can I go back to a single page document like was always available until
several weeks ago?
At this time, I might as well not have the Open Office
because all the specialized handling involved makes
using  the program take up way too much time.
   THANKS for any TIPS / STEPS I can follow!  Merry
<[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: open a single page document on the entire screen.

Steven Ahlers
Merry,

You need to set the view zoom factor back to normal view. On the bottom right of the window there is a button to select a view percentage, click on it and select what view you would like; usually 100%.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 24, 2019, at 4:04 PM, Merry Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please Help:  When I open a new document, there are usually 12 pages
> across, waiting for me to type.  A normal font of 12 or 14 is too tiny,
> therefore reading is impossible unless I change the font to the 30's or
> 40's.
> How can I go back to a single page document like was always available until
> several weeks ago?
> At this time, I might as well not have the Open Office
> because all the specialized handling involved makes
> using  the program take up way too much time.
>   THANKS for any TIPS / STEPS I can follow!  Merry
> <[hidden email]>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: open a single page document on the entire screen.

Merry Williams
Thanks, I'll check it out this evening & will be ecstatic have it fixed!

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 3:32 PM Steven Ahlers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Merry,
>
> You need to set the view zoom factor back to normal view. On the bottom
> right of the window there is a button to select a view percentage, click on
> it and select what view you would like; usually 100%.
>
> Steve
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jul 24, 2019, at 4:04 PM, Merry Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Please Help:  When I open a new document, there are usually 12 pages
> > across, waiting for me to type.  A normal font of 12 or 14 is too tiny,
> > therefore reading is impossible unless I change the font to the 30's or
> > 40's.
> > How can I go back to a single page document like was always available
> until
> > several weeks ago?
> > At this time, I might as well not have the Open Office
> > because all the specialized handling involved makes
> > using  the program take up way too much time.
> >   THANKS for any TIPS / STEPS I can follow!  Merry
> > <[hidden email]>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: open a single page document on the entire screen.

Merry Williams
Oh my goodness !     You knew just how to explain what to do - back to
100.  that resolved my problem !!!  I'm tickled pionk....thanks a bazillion
for your help.  MW

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 3:34 PM Merry Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll check it out this evening & will be ecstatic have it fixed!
>
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 3:32 PM Steven Ahlers <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Merry,
>>
>> You need to set the view zoom factor back to normal view. On the bottom
>> right of the window there is a button to select a view percentage, click on
>> it and select what view you would like; usually 100%.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> > On Jul 24, 2019, at 4:04 PM, Merry Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Please Help:  When I open a new document, there are usually 12 pages
>> > across, waiting for me to type.  A normal font of 12 or 14 is too tiny,
>> > therefore reading is impossible unless I change the font to the 30's or
>> > 40's.
>> > How can I go back to a single page document like was always available
>> until
>> > several weeks ago?
>> > At this time, I might as well not have the Open Office
>> > because all the specialized handling involved makes
>> > using  the program take up way too much time.
>> >   THANKS for any TIPS / STEPS I can follow!  Merry
>> > <[hidden email]>
>>
>>