open office-HELP!!!

Sue Johnston
Dear Sir,
Having used Open Office successfully for several years it is now unusable and rubbish. I have taken it off and reinstalled several times with no beneficial effect. this is a screen shot of recent work.I have installed a Mac cleaner at cost, and am totally frustrated as I am the  Treasurer of a Museum and the Secretary of a Gardening club and have other roles where I need Open Office urgently.
I am now considering a Micro Soft package as I cannot sort this out. It has happened in the past few weeks. Any hi lighting I do is in Black. The print goes furry and sometimes doubles up, I cannot delete cells easily . I could go on and on but am at my wits end.

I hope you can help
Yours
Sue Johnston

Re: open office-HELP!!!

Johnny Rosenberg
Looks like a hardware issue, I have never seen anything like this in Apache OpenOffice.
What happens if you open the same file with LibreOffice?
Choose the ”still” version, 5.2.6.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Dear Sir,
Having used Open Office successfully for several years it is now unusable and rubbish. I have taken it off and reinstalled several times with no beneficial effect. this is a screen shot of recent work.I have installed a Mac cleaner at cost, and am totally frustrated as I am the  Treasurer of a Museum and the Secretary of a Gardening club and have other roles where I need Open Office urgently.
I am now considering a Micro Soft package as I cannot sort this out. It has happened in the past few weeks. Any hi lighting I do is in Black. The print goes furry and sometimes doubles up, I cannot delete cells easily . I could go on and on but am at my wits end.

I hope you can help
Yours
Sue Johnston

Re: open office-HELP!!!

Dave Fisher
Hi Sue,

You can also a different computer.

About your Mac, which version of the OS? Did you install your cleaner before or after the trouble started? Are your fonts still correct? You might try to look with the “FontBook” application.

You can also try to get help at https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/ <https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/>

Regards,
Dave

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 10:58 AM, Johnny Rosenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Looks like a hardware issue, I have never seen anything like this in Apache OpenOffice.
> What happens if you open the same file with LibreOffice?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?type=mac-x86_64 <http://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?type=mac-x86_64>
> Choose the ”still” version, 5.2.6.
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg

> Dear Sir,
> Having used Open Office successfully for several years it is now unusable and rubbish. I have taken it off and reinstalled several times with no beneficial effect. this is a screen shot of recent work.I have installed a Mac cleaner at cost, and am totally frustrated as I am the  Treasurer of a Museum and the Secretary of a Gardening club and have other roles where I need Open Office urgently.
> I am now considering a Micro Soft package as I cannot sort this out. It has happened in the past few weeks. Any hi lighting I do is in Black. The print goes furry and sometimes doubles up, I cannot delete cells easily . I could go on and on but am at my wits end.
>
> I hope you can help
> Yours
> Sue Johnston

Re: open office-HELP!!!

Alan Pearce
Sue,

Bit of a long shot but at first glance it looks as if the cell height is wrong. try hilighting all the rows affected and right click on the number column on the left, I have forgotten what we call it, and select optimum row height

Alan.

Yours
Sue Johnston