open office calc

Andy Moss
Good afternoon,

How do I select multiple names once I have put a standard filter on. It is only letting me do 1 or all. But I want to do 5 0r 10 at the same time?

Thanks

Andy Moss

Re: open office calc

Brian Barker-2
At 12:49 20/06/2019 +0000, Andy Moss wrote:
>How do I select multiple names once I have put a standard filter on.
>It is only letting me do 1 or all. But I want to do 5 or 10 at the same time?

The standard filter applies whatever condition you have chosen. If
you want a more complex filter condition, you have to embody that in
the filter itself, which you can do using AND and OR in the Operator
field of the Standard Filter dialogue. Perhaps Names = John OR Names = Mary?

If you want as many as five otherwise random names to appear,
presumably they have something in common. Should you have an extra
column in your spreadsheet showing that property - date of joining?,
subscription overdue? - and filter on that property instead?

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker